Trading Spouses: 'Vegan Villian' Speaks Out!

1235»

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Well, Barbara don't read this board anymore; I suspect she, like our family, has long since moved on. Anyway, if you were so utterly disturbed by the last show, you'll just flip when you see our episode! Enjoy.

Now, I must return to the basement where my father keeps me and my brother chained up.

Luke
  • edited May 2008
    [cite] Guest:[/cite]
    Thank you everyone for allowing me to vent. I have never been so disturbed and angry by anything that I have seen on television in my entire life.

You are most welcome. Better to vent in writing than going out and shoot someone, eh?

Seeing such an angry post is an object lesson in 'symptoms of deeper needs and fears' for anyone interested in pondering such. I always find it fascinating but in the end sad as well. Oh well, just is life. :cry: In my view, the judgments we make simply reflect our inner life - who we really are. As brother Jesus put it:

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Of course I'm not sure whether Jesus was looking at our judgments as actually judgments of our own inner self, or that 'God' would judge the judger in the end. Personally, I see no difference (i.e., [chref=1]these two are the same, but diverge in name as they issue forth[/chref] along with [chref=56]mysterious sameness[/chref]).

Now, I am thinking it is time to lock this topic. I reckon we've seen enough judgment and hypocrisy to reflect upon. Alas, besides being sad, it also is very humbling, for it is not 'them'. All of us, in the end, are guilty of this in our own private ways. Or course I have an excuse; I'm just a human animal. :|
This discussion has been closed.