Trading Spouses: 'Vegan Villian' Speaks Out!

Comments

• edited December 1969
    DONT BLAME THE EDITING.
    I blame the editing.
    NOBODY likes you.
    I like her.
    people have HATE for you.
    I don't have hate for her.
    One persona supports you
    I support her and last time I checked, I'm a persona.

I may be different than everybody else but I'm just normal.

If you want to get your point across, the worst place to do it is on a board that is opposite of your opinion. There are plenty of boards out there who bought the Trading Spouses shows hook, line and stinker. You might enjoy those more. Purely a suggestion. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    I saw a rerun of the show tonight. I just wanted to say that I was sickened by the way Barbara reacted...to pretty much everything. That cruel, know-it-all attitude and screaming at the children (the little girl in particular) made my blood boil. The fact that no one was to cry when reading that letter...and who was the only person to cry? Some how those precious little kids love that woman...but they probably fear her a bit more than they love her. I would. I know about television editing...it does not change the fact that those things happened, in whatever order.

I have only one question and I want an answer so badly. So much in fact..that I'll give you my yahoo account name: spfan1999

Tell me...Did any of that 50k the Gates family recieved go toward a vegan organization, an ecological cause....anything charitable?

And just one more thing...how can you call the show "Trashing Spouses" when that awful, wicked show handed you money just for going to a different place for a couple of weeks. YOU ruined your reputation, not the television show. If you didn't yell at those kids, treat people like they're your lesser, and completely destroy your credibility...you might have some nice things to say about the show.
  • edited December 1969
    That is a perfect word. I have never been so irratated watching TV as I was tonight. The lady needs perfessional help.

Dont blame the editing. Your true colors came out perfectly. You are hatefull,rude,selfish and a major hypacrit. Hows that smoking doing? Meat kills but smoking doesn't?

ROFL You're an idiot. Hows that spelling coming along brain child? Hows the personal degrading coming along? Hows treating your family like trash coming along? Threatining your kids with Lettace wraps? Wow ...you have major problems.

Also, hows the animal cruelity coming along? You single handedly became the most hated person on any reality show ever...PERIOD.

now you have to go through life knowing that all of america cringes over you.
  • edited December 1969
    your own pets- i believe the show mentioned that you had cats (yes?). are you imposing this 'vegan-lifestyle' on them?

many people are unaware that these animals are dependent upon essential amino acids that must be acquired through diet- taurine, arachidonic acid, vitamin A, vitamin b12, Niacin and thiamin- (only a few) of important dietary needs that a cat must have to have a healthy life.

-if you are really concerned for animal rights, you need to have a good understanding of what is really needed for them to be healthy-

--while you are able to make these choices, you need to understand that there are many who arnt able to-- respecting one's choices should be valued- not looked down upon
  • JMMJMM
    edited December 1969
    Just your renaming the shows indicates a great deal about your personality, you still took the money though!
  • edited December 1969
    I am a vegan who runs a busy (non-dog beating) independent animal rescue in Canada.
    I do not push my views on others who choose to eat factory farmed meat. It is THEIR choice, not mine and I allow them to make their own choices. When I go visit my friends on the Quadra Indian reserve, I certainly do not critisize them for eating deer and moose, nor do I try to push my tempeh on them.
    The Loupe family (a charming, lovely family) know more about animals then you know about anything. You are a total poseur and I am embarrassed for you and for whom you so poorly represented.
    Eating habits aside, I would certainly never BEAT A DOG for ANY reason, terrorize my children or try to pass myself off as a gentle person who causes no harm when I am actually a passive-aggressive, manipulative control freak with severe emotional problems.
    Dietary issues aside, Babs, GET SOME HELP.
    We are not defined by what we put into our mouths (be it alligator or cigarettes) and you need to take a good long look at yourself.
    Did you know alligators are caring and attentive mothers to their young?
    Put that in your mouth and chew it. I guess a spider and an alligator have no right to live, but a pig and a cow do? Pick a path, hypocrite.
    I guess they must have "edited" in your venemous stares and dog-beating ways and "doctored" every stupid thing that cam out of your perpetually flapping mouth. ZZ was right. "shame shame shame!"
    You really are pathetic!!
  • edited December 1969
    Did editing cause you to do the following?

1) degrade people for eating meat and saying there lifestyle casues cancer while you toke away on your cig? While you have beer/wine in about every shot.

2) Punish the dog the way you did
    3) Yell at your kids and supress them form wraps?
    4) Cry about not getting anything you wanted formt eh 50k until you found out that you got 20k? What a skank you are.
    5) Leave that poor faily 20k for engines they didnt need to benit YOUR CAUSE
    6) Give there money away to charity? Did you give any money to charity...NO you selfish idiot.
    7) Treat there child with disregard on humilty.

Editing cant bring out the eveil in you...you do that all alone. You wil rot in hell for your actions.
  • edited December 1969
    Did editing casue you to smoke and drink? Did editing casue you to call ZZ chubby when your fat yourself? Did editing cause you to make fun of there outfits,cars and gold? Did editing casue you to say that Clifornia is ahead of Louisiana? Did editing casue you to act like a 2 yr old when you thought you wouldnt get any $$$$$ for you? Did editing casue you to strike fear in your kids eyes and treat them like sh1t? Did editing cause you to beat a dog infront of a little boy? Did editing make you put in a stupid movie infornt of kids and famiyl about killing chickens?

YOu are a scum bag barb and IM goint ot write every vegan organization that you deal with to cut all ties with you.
  • edited December 1969
    Barbara Gates, I hate you and everything you represent. I just saw the Trading Spouses episode that aired tonight and a week ago I saw part one of your arrogant, yet ignorant tirades on national TV. I must say that I am enraged by how you and your weak-minded, masochistic family live.
    I am aware that I did not see every single second of this one week torture-fest because the show had to be edited down to just two hours. This does mean, of course, the show can be slanted through editing to portray a certain opinion. However, there can be absolutely no mistaking the fact that you are a totally confused, border-line retard with insanely fanatical beliefs and convictions. Your unedited behavior on national TV makes this conclusion so emphatic and unmistakable. The media can only twist the truth so much toward one opinion. It is very clear that a little bit of slanting of the truth was done to show you in an unfavorable light, but you and your family (but mostly you) were unmistakably the source of everything unfavorable in this spouse-swap. The good-byes expressed by both families at the end of the show pretty much summed up the loving, open-minded effects of the woman from the south and the feelings of loathing and hatred you managed to spread to the like a disease, tainting the unconscious of not only the good-natured Southern family, but also that of the entire prime-time television audience!
    You are so abusive to everyone, including your own family! Your beliefs are so stupid and unfounded that you can't even defend or explain them yourself. You are a witch of a tool, controlled solely by your hateful, generalizing, separatist, beliefs. At the core of those "beliefs" is a pathetic insecurity you harbor which comes out in your criticism of others, your "outspoken," childish cries for attention, and your feeble desire to belong to anything.
    Normally I wouldn't write about a television show of any kind, but I normally wouldn't find myself hating someone I never met so much that I would begin screaming at a television, demanding her slow and painful death. My hatred for you knows no limits. Your exposure to the masses has set your vegan cause back, not helped it, despite your "I'm holier than thou; I'm the one who's right; you're wrong and need my guidance," attitude (go figure). The world is worse off for having seen your negative, hypocritical, and just plain idiotic attitude. You and your whole parasitic way of life is sad, mind-numbing, self-destructive, and cancer-causing (cancer both literal and figurative to everyone to whom you are exposed). You and your family make me sick. I literally want to puke with disgust at the mere thought of you. I can't think of anyone that ever lived that is more despicable and revolting as you, except maybe Adolf Hitler. Maybe... Is there some relation to him in your family tree possibly? I wouldn't be surprised if you were related to Hitler, you self-centered quisling!
    I hope you and everyone you care about dies a slow, agonizing death in the very near future, so that you can know the pain your existence has put me and countless others through already this evening. I hope you read this and the millions of other messages of disdain you spawned. Just do your imprisoned family and the rest of the now-Barbara Gates-poisoned world a favor and kill yourself in the most violent way possible! Burn!!!!!!!
  • edited December 1969
    I'm praying for you and your family, Barbara.

There is a God, you can read about Him in the Bible. He loves you, and he doesn't care if you eat meat or vegetables your whole life, or only wear organic cotton clothes. You won't go to Hell for smoking, you'll just smell like you've been there. And I promise, you won't go to Hell for eating that alligator, either. I hope your husband is enjoying his orchard and you are all enjoying your Jacuzzi. You have beautiful children and a lovely home.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the light".
  • edited December 1969
    This was the sadest show Ive ever seen. Mom I got the jucussi for you, dont you like it? I DONT.

Nice way to treat your kid.

You single hanedly made every californiaian despise you. You dont speak for us. You are what we hate.

Your husband has no backbone and needs to go get laid to see what he's missing.

The way you put down that poor family in ever aspect was just plain cruel. And the selfishness you possesed about the 50k was horrible.

You can try to convince yourself the editing was to blame but only Carl belives you. You made a complete fool of yourself and seriously need professional help my dear.
    Im so worried about your kids not ZZ...they are going to be on Heroin by there 16th b-day.

Diane treatedyour family with repect and dignity and you spit in her face. I so hopr this comes back to ruin your life you wretched bitch.

But at leat your not a hyprocrite. Smoking. Drinking. Killing spiders. Beating dogs. We all recognize you're a genius whe ZZ can out spell you.

This proves that you dont have to be wealthy to have class. Because you have none, and I pity your soul.
  • edited December 1969
    Barbara, you trying to convince us to not believe what so many thousands of us saw is just another example of your controlling behavior. Most everyones opinion of your behavior comes to the same conclusion. Are you saying that all of us are wrong and you are right? I'm sure you'd love to.

I cannot believe you didn't apologize for even just one of your bad actions. That is very telling. You are in total denial. I am very familar with editing techniques and just like many others here, know for certain there are many examples of your horrible personality that editing could never account for.

You are a self-absorbed hypocritical control freak bitch. I don't know what's wrong with your husband but obviously something is since he's put up with you for 20 years. That's just sad.

As a Californian, you insulted me. You brought out the worst of our great state. You insulted all of us. You damaged the vegan cause. I'm not a vegan and I eat meat all the time and yet I still think what you did for the vegan cause is unforgivable. I am so glad that you aren't in my school district. You are such a hypocrite. I hope they kicked your ass out. I hope no vegan organization or any other organization ever associates with you again. I hope your husbands wakes uo and gets himself and his children away from you before you waste their lives anymore with your toxic overbearing ways. You need help lady.
  • edited December 1969
    Barbara, If the show did injustice, I think you could take them to court. However, most likely you signed a waiver. Still, it may be worth talking to your attorney. I am a documentary filmmaker so I know how film can be edited to manipulate viewers. However, in the end, the camera doesn't lie. As slanted as the editing may have been, there were definately behaviors that seemed extremely controlling on your part. You came across to me as someone who has a lot of anxiety and fear of losing control that leads to that behavior. Your children and husband seem very passive and even frightened of you. Even if the good bits were edited out, just one of your behaviors would've been enough to erase any of the good. Despite this, I think all people deserve some compassion because there are reasons that motivate behavior.
    i.e. one of your parents must have been domineering and controlling or simply not there for you as a child, you may have been a victim of abuse yourself, or they may not have set proper boundaries and allowed you to get away with bad behavior.

Instead of falling apart and feeling humilliated, you could step outside of the Ego and be an objective observer of yourself. Learn from it.
  • edited December 1969
    BARB,BARB,BARB!
    Listen,please believe that I have never,ever posted anything on anything in my 30+ years of life.But the rebroadcast of Trading Spouses caught my attention like you could never imagine.First of all I dont think anyone should be trying to make you feel threatened,or use words like hate towards you,but that is just my opinion.I prefer to try to make people understand that it is clearly obvious that you deserve a little compassion.Mentally ill people are not to blame for their actions :cry:
    I was not as disturbed at watching the program,as I was when I saw that you tried to defend your ways.It is not a laughing matter when it came down to the MANY people fighting in your head. When that fried alligator was on the dinner table,I know that Diego tried to help you maintain your VEGGIE MOM status by saying that you don't have to eat it,it was already too late.Veggie Barb vs. Carni Barb battle was on.I know that even though Veggie Barb wanted so much to cry her eyes out,Carni Barb made you eat that cut up,fried up reptile that would have eaten you if it had the chance.Carni Barb is to blame!!! THAT WITCH :x
    and further more..we know that the 2 year old in your head is really behind the"he needs to listen,because Im very smart" comment,it is not your fault.We know that Grownup Barb can spell'monkeys' :idea: as for 2 year old Barb....
    We all know that she REALLY needs for daddy to let her choose where to put the hot tub,and she thought that it was not a good idea for an eleven year old to think about his family when he made such an intelligent,thoughtful gesture.
    We all know that Anal Barb was to blame for all that talk like...
    "ZZ,you are going to die before your forty from drinking all that pop" and she made you say all that stuff about tofu fighting cancer,and real meat causing it,when you went on the porch to enjoy a cigarette,we know that you really knew better.
    We know that Family Regretting Barb was to blame for the comments about"not getting lettuce wraps" and "what did you say,about an orchid?"and"Im not buying you a car!"even though you criticized Mrs. Loupe for not thinkng of the idea.
    We know that even though you chastized your kids for the thought of crying,during the reveal,2 year old Barb came in and turned you into a weeping baby.We know that FRB came in and shot your kids down,by saying"oh,you have to get your merit badge first"We know you are not to blame for Fashion Police Barb Comments about Diego's gold,and his wife's leopard shirt,when you had on that sweater that I could have knitted(and I can't knit).But of all these personalities(please forgive the few I've failed to mention)Jealous Barb took the cake.We know how jealous she was to see a boy with his own mind,own ideas,who has a loving father that helped him try to cope with her'constant arrogance,ignorance,etc.
    We know that Jealous B. left that note in the house to try to leave that one last hurt(by the way she did)
    We know that it was the real Barb that said all of that nice stuff about the Loupe family(AFTER the show)
    We are just glad to know that the Loupe family is a strong one,and that even though they were sent with all of ya'll(your head people)They are raising a normal child who tried real hard to be charming,and respectful(like his parents).
    As for your kidS...they were so admirable,kind and respectful. They tolerated the fish entree with maturity,I noticed that they acted a lot like their father(good job Pop).I hope they can get ONE mom,in the future.They are not going to tell you,but you know in your heart that they envy ZZ's relationship with his parents.
    Barb,you do have some people out there who realizes that you are a victim of Scitzo..umm..you know that thing that Sally Fields character in 'Sybil' had.
    Do a favor for yourself,and family...seek psychiatric help before Carni Barb boils the neighbors dog,because Anal Barb feared it was going to eat 2 year old Barb ,when it got the chance,and somehow Family Regretting Barb will blame it all on your husband who had the orchid well built too close to the neighbors yard,the same well that the dog was drinking out of when Carni Barb caught him for the stew."just when you think you think you know somebody" :?
  • edited December 1969
    All of you, just shut up.
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Anonymous:[/cite]All of you, just shut up.

I agree with you Anonymous, but I have a feeling all these postings are from the same 'guest'. You know, one post IS enough for us to get your input. Really.
  • edited December 1969
    these postings are not from the same people . Also if you read back you will see that some posts were even deleted from this thread. Its obvious that they (the pro-barbara crew) are trying to hush us all up. But they cant because everyone knows the truth ....Barbara Gates did not do the right things on the show. She also is in total denial and refuses to admit to being wrong at all. I say NO MORE LETTUCE WRAPS for her. She is as fake as they come. SHe is the sort that love everything ethnic and pretends to be openminded but wait till you hear her comments when a ethnic person moves in beside her. Yes she is racist as well. WHy do i say that? well if she is gonna talk crap about people in front of a camera imagine what she says behind closed doors. Her actions alone deem her a mean spirited person , she makes me sick.
  • edited December 1969
    "Diego is a great guy and ZZ is a spirited, sweet kid. I'll never forget his flowers, his lessons, or his hugs. Diana is a soulful and strong woman who I admire. I want only the best for all of the Loupes (and their animals)."

What a pity that Barbara could not have said this, the same thing she wrote above, about the family on the show. I just saw the show last night and was so sickened by her behavior and the negative, judgemental attitude she displayed towards the other family. So much so, that I did a search on this topic today and ended up here.

No amount of editing, as others have said, could have created the patronizing, snotty, intolerant tone of her voice as she put the other mother down for her clothes being "out of date" (not that Barbara, in that awful crinkle top, looked well dressed!). No amount of editing could have created the fact that she abused the other family's dog in a mean and heartless manner. No amount of editing could have created the awful, nasty tone of voice she used to slilence her own children.

No, Barbara--what I think you didn't like was that we SAW YOU--in spite of the editing. And you were not a nice person at all.
  • edited December 1969
    OK,um, how many more postings can we have saying the same exact thing?? We get the point!!! Geeez. Why base so much hate and negativity on a show which has been proven to be manipulated in a manner conducive to better ratings? It is also obvious from the web admin's message that posts won't be deleted again, so no one is trying to hush you up (except maybe me, because you post the same thing over and over again.) Quite frankly, it's getting really old. How come none of these posts are from registered users? It's so easy to just pose as a guest anyway. It's like, "Oh, gee, I haven't wacked the topic enough, let me post as 'Barbaraisnasty'"...then five minutes later, 'Taluthamoomoo' posts the same exact thing. We even have a film maker in the crew. Yeah. :mrgreen:
  • edited December 1969
    Capitan you're an idiot You can minuipualte all you want but her true calling was clear to everybody who watched. They didnt force her to say and act the way she did. She's a loser and so are you to try to defend her actions. You probably are really Barb lisitn under Captain.

Whats the difference if your registered are not? Nobody gives tehre real personal information, phone numbers, etc...anyways.
  • edited December 1969
    barbara i'm sorry but u can't edit in the hideous behavior u displayed. abusing a dog. it wimpered and screamed. yep. i'm sure he "didn't even feel it" as u said.
    making a kid brush his teeth 5 TIMES??? that's just wrong. and u bursted out at your daughter that way. i saw the shock and terror on that little girl's face and the way she shrank back. i actually began to cry. i think u behaved as a hypocrit and were very narrowminded. u thought it was monkies? yes, your really smart like u said. u really and truly are a vegan villian bitch. you need to listen to me honey 'cause i know. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    yeah Captain H. Shut ur trap ....we all hate Barbara and we want her to know it. See some people try really hard to see the best in every situation but with Barbara there is none. Why should try so hard to be nice and gracious to people in our lives and then let someone get away with being the opposite . There is no good without bad and we need Barbara to show us how not to conduct ourselves. SO thanks Barbara Gates whom i will think of whenever i have something bad or negative in my head and remember how she conducted herself and was disgraced in front of the whole world.
  • edited December 1969
    What!? You all hate Barbera!? I would never have guessed! :roll:
  • edited December 1969
    I came onto this board very much against Barbara, because I don't believe you can blame everything on the editing. Granted, they edit to make the subjects more controversial than they really are, but I still think that some of their real character is shown. I think Barbara is probably a wretched human being, but I'm also starting to feel that way about some of the people here who seemed filled with so much hate.
  • edited December 1969
    Oh...and I forgot.."Guest" is my screen name, but all those "guests" who are posting aren't me. JUst the one directly above
  • edited December 1969
    Eye Captain
    The question should be, where are all the "registered users"
    coming to her defense? Obviously none of her actions,
    words or abuses are defensible.
    A complete hypocritical dolt.
  • edited December 1969
    All right, that is ENOUGH! This board has gotten out of control. Since Barbara's show aired just yesterday, emotions are running pretty high out there among Barbara-haters (which is kind of sad, but I won't get into that). Plus, there's no thought in these posts. In fact, a lot of your posts seem downright stupid, but I won't explain because it won't do any good. Suffice it to say, it's just pathetic.

Therefore, until further notice, this "discussion" is locked. Any new threads created attacking or (even about) Barbara or any other TS family, or posts made in other threads, may be deleted without warning. I mean it. Go to the FOX boards if you want to vent.

Luke

P.S. I may reopen this discussion later, but I'm going to wait for all these hate-filled emotional posters to leave first.
  • edited December 1969
    OK, I've calmed down. The discussion has been unlocked again. Papa said it was a good window into human behavior. So, I figured it wasn't fair for me to make such a unilteral decision. So, I'm going to put it to a vote: Vote here. (Note: this poll is open only to the CenterTao "old-timers" . . . anyone who's been here more than a couple weeks.)

Luke
  • edited December 1969
    I think most of these are from the same person. check the ip and bet i'm right...or else they're from a group sharing a common brain (and i'm not a barabra lover by any means), but enuf is enuf. learn from her mistakes and dont repeat them in your own life. no good comes for burning her in effigy
  • JoeJoe
    edited December 1969
    Hey Luke,

I'd have to vote to lock things up if they're getting out of hand. One of the reasons I don't much use this part of the website is I get tired of people ragging on and on. Everyone wants to put their 2 cents in, which is our human nature. But I agree that if you're on an emotional mission to continually trash someone, go do it somewhere else.

Oh yeah, and I've been associated with this group for over 18 years.
This discussion has been closed.