shakuhachi

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
Friends .... I think that one has to befriend as many people as possible, to support others and be approachable. However, I think that having a deep friendship with even one person is a valuable tool to learning about oneself and the world and about acceptance.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Carl,

Why didn't you play shakuhachi on the show.

Shakuhachi music is so much more interesting than bluegrass.
  • edited December 1969
    He did. We all played last week on the show. They didn't show much though.
  • edited December 1969
    I never play anything I can't pronounce...
  • edited December 1969
    :lol: . Same in language. Anything I can't pronounce well, I'll stay away from it 'cause it sure is embarressing to try to whip out a sientific definition and suddenly get tongue tied.

Have you ever got words mixed around? For example, Meaning to say: "I went to the store for a linked sausage." Tongue tied version: "I linked to the sausage for a store." :shock: I've only had that happen once. Not as drastic as my example of course.

I was practicing a joke to tell on stage during a performance that was coming up and I said "Israelites" but pronounced it "ithrealites" by accident. I decided to leave it like that since it was a bit more humorous. Unfortunately, the joke wasn't the hottest 'cause I told it wrong (I used the tongue slip mini-pun too soon). :roll:
  • edited December 1969
    I avoid words I cant pronounce or spell-except on here where I'm usually in a hurry and not as careful as i should be-I dont trust spell check...

and as far as slips of the tongue, man, everyday. worse the older I get-ol' brain / mouth connection never was very strong...but I generally get my point across...
  • edited December 1969
    Most of the time, you can get your point across with expressions.
  • edited December 1969
    and when expressions dont work, i cuss...or do the 'Curly shuffle' on the floor...
  • edited December 1969
    I can understand the curly shuffle when frustrated (If the Curly shuffle is what I think it is. it's the hands rubbing across the face and the "woowowowowooowoo!" right?). What if you can't pronounce the cuss or the annoying beep sound blasts in like on TS?
  • edited December 1969
    There's not a cuss word in any language I don't instinctively know.

and the curly shuffle is when he spins on the floor going 'whoo whoo whoo'.
  • edited December 1969
    Oh yeah! I've seen that. I've done it (without the whoohooohooo) on a slippery floor once.
  • edited December 1969
    I've done alot of things on slippery floors-mainly, slip.
  • edited December 1969
    I try to do the "whoo whoo" thing but I keep getting tongue tied. :wink:

It's like trying to fingerpick (Mississippi John Hurt style) guitar with the "thump thump thump thump" on the bass strings. I keep getting mixed up.
  • edited December 1969
    I can barely pick my nose without putting an eye out...and I think I'm going to play an instrument someday...yeah, right, we'll see..

and Curly is one of the most under rated comedians of all time-Moe & Larry as well, but Curly especially was genius. Physical comedy is extrememly difficult to pull off.
  • edited December 1969
    Can you play a radio? :wink: A bit of a pun there that I've heard before.

In verbal comedy, timing is everything but I wonder if the same is true in physical comedy.
  • edited December 1969
    Timing is always everything
  • edited December 1969
    Timing is probably useful for more than comedy.

I once told a "joke" on stage that wasn't supposed to be a joke but it was said in a semi-funny manner. Nobody laughed of course until I tried to get them to understand and gave up (they laughed when I gave up).
  • edited December 1969
    I've read some of your jokes Kyle and timing won't help make them funny :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Well, they aren't all good ones. After I used all the good ones, I had to kinda scrape the bottom of the barrel.

Humor is relative as well.
  • edited December 1969
    Humor may be relative but bad humor encompasses everyone

But if you could find some "Yo Momma" jokes, now thats COMEDIC GOLD!!!
  • edited December 1969
    No doubt about it. Bad humor is bad.

Now I got a bucketfull of Yo' Mama jokes! I don't use 'em on stage 'cause I'm not too good at telling them. I'll tell a few now.

Yo Mama's so ugly, when she entered the ugly contest, the judges said "sorry, no professionals!"

Yo Mama's so fat, to get her through a door, you have to grease the sides and hold a twinkie on the other side.

So as you can see, I don't usually use them 'cause not everybody finds them funny (I find them hilarious)
  • edited December 1969
    haha, i love those
  • edited December 1969
    ...but my realtives arent very humorous..

I get most of my laughs by trying to explain the joke, or by laughing at it myself...i ususally tell a joke (read: insult) and am down the hall before the person I told it to gets it...I have great timing and delivery, it's just my audience that sucks...

oh, and I can barely tune a radio-I can barely tune a fish-hardehar

Now then:
    Yo mama's so fat, she jumped up in the air and got stuck!

Yo Daddy's so short, when he sits on the curb his feet dangle

Yo mamas so fat, when she wears a red dress kids yell 'hey koolaid!'