Re: parenting

Yeah, that helped. In each moment, nothing is undone. I put out my big-booted right foot, then put it down on the earth, then did the left foot, repeated until I got to the gate then I lifted the chain and opened the gate.....just a bunch of dots in the line.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    There is nobody I'd rather spend my time with then my kid. He is, to me, endlessly fascinating, funny, and above all a wonderful companion. He 'puts me in my place' ie, teaches me, helps me grow, more often than I do him. His growth happens naturally, mine needs a jump start now & then. For example, I have little patience with disabled people. I'm often rude and sarcastic about them. (This arises out of fear, but thats another subject) When I do this around him, he says "Why are you like that, they arent hurting anybody." Such a kind heart & giving nature.
    Many who knew me before he came along say constantly how he's the best thing to ever happen to me...
    He also gives money to charity and bums on the street. I allow this, but we also have talks about choices & personal responsibility when it occurs. He's aware of the need to work, not for personal gain so much as to make the world a better place for all.
    He's always open to new things, new adventures, experiences, though he prefers the tried & true, the familiar. Like me, he gripes alot but does it anyway, whatever 'it' may be.
    We have the most amazing discussions, and these arent just me showing off my superior knowlege or experience, I'm as much the student as he is.
    I'm glad we didnt meet up in my younger years, neither of us would've got as much out of the relationship as we have. For one, I wasn't a very nice person then.
    If The Abbottts get half as much out of being together as my boy and I get, then I hope they never part company, and anyone who doesnt appreciate this doesn't deserve to have children.
  • edited December 1969
    Buddy I have to say I find you VERY strange.

I have little patience with disabled people. I'm often rude and sarcastic about them. (This arises out of fear, but thats another subject)

What kind of person are you?
    I can picture it now,
    A man in a wheel chair,
    in front of you,
    not going fast enough,
    so your decision is,
    to be rude?

You let your son BUM on the streets?
    is that hang out or ask for money?
    You also say that you and your son think that running around naked(i assume in your own home)is what you like to do.

I must say thinking about a father and son freeballing it is disturbing.

If you have time please answer some of the questions I have.
  • edited December 1969
    Actually we belong to a nudist club, where most of our 'free balling' (such an unattractive term) goes on-we dont hang out as much at home nude anymore-he's starting an early modest phase, plus it's cold...

no, the bums are ON the street, usually with misspelled signs claiming some disablity and a desire to work (until you actually offer them work, then their 'disablity acts up and they're unable to...)

and yes, i get impatient and rude with the wheel chair bound, the elderly, the young, the able bodied-I'm an equal opportunity insulter. I have little patience with the human race, least of all with myself...I treat and talk to everyone the same way, be they prince or pauper.

does that answer your questions? Feel free to ask more
  • edited December 1969
    no, the bums are ON the street, usually with misspelled signs claiming some disablity and a desire to work (until you actually offer them work, then their 'disablity acts up and they're unable to...)
    Sometimes but not always.
    The nudity statment you made makes sence now

If you can't tolerate people or the handicap and treat them with such disrespect then what make you a decent humanbeing & what do you add to this world?
  • edited December 1969
    And before you even try correcting my spelling it does no good.I still can't spell.
  • edited December 1969
    what makes me a decent human being?
    well, I never correct people's spelling, and I haven't killed anyone yet (that I know of)...