How Papa brainwashed the kids to always go barefoot.

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
is do you know Beyonce?

Well, I know who she is now.

Comments

• edited December 2004
    Well it all started when the kids were born at home. Yes, in the family bedroom. In my hands they came and low and behold, they had no shoes on. Well, I thought nothing of it at the time. It was such a miraculous event.

As the weeks and years pasts they never asked for any shoes like they saw other folks wear. Even when folks would ask them, "Don't you want shoes?", they's say "Nope". Furthermore, I had no reason to force them to wear shoes just because everyone else does. I've never thought is wise to do something just because everyone else does it. MMmmm... come to think of it, that smacks of brain washing in a way. I mean aren't people who do what everybody else does simply brainwashed into that particular cultural norm. TV advertising banks on people seeing a cool pair of shoes and rushing out to wear the 'in' thing... but I digress.

Anyway, the kids must have been around 3-5 years old when I started wondering why the hell I was wearing shoes. They seem to have so much fun not wearing them. So agile and seemingly comfortable and worry free. Well, I guess you can say they brain washed me into not wearing shoes. Since then none of us fellows has worn shoes, except when we go to the restaurant. Leslie has so far avoided the brain wash... but, well, we'll see. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Hmm I bet if you whisper "don't wear shoes" over and over in her ear while she is sleeping, it'll work :wink: LOL

You sound proud when you speak about the boys' birth. I noticed it when you told Vickie on the show that they were born in that room. I love that!
  • edited December 1969
    Once in a while I'll catch myself telling my kid to put shoes on for some reason, and I always feel bad about it...he wanted to walk a few blocks to the bank once recently, and I had us put shoes on beforehand (I had a blister or something)... felt like I was betraying my own beliefs...doesnt happen often, but when it does I realize how sucked up even I am into modern culture...

He falls into it occasionally too-says "I need Nikes because they make me run fast". I tell him Nikes only make money run fast out of my wallet...
  • edited December 1969
    Carl, I consider myself a "barefooter" lol. Only the climate here forces me to wear shoes the majority of the year (Canada). But, when it is feasible, I only wear shoes in the mall and stores. It is great, and people look at me as if I am a freak .... they have no idea what they are missing, especially when it rains and I can walk in all the puddles and splash around and they cannot ....
  • edited December 1969
    I don't know why anyone would complain about any of this (even with all the editing Fox did). They are obviously a loving family, and in this day and age families who enjoy nature and speak of peace are a welcome change!!!! The only thing I would want for those kids is higher education in the form of university, but they are smart enough to make their own choices--and I trust they will make the right ones. Good job Abbots for being positive lightforce and good "citizens of the world".
  • edited December 1969
    :shock: I understand that the kids were born in that room and they now sleep there, too. cute; real cute. There is a serious problem in this family. A family living so far beyond the norm is deffinitley NOT NORMAL. A woman who cries daily due to not being with her family (her only norm) is unhealthy and awfully unable to adjust to society and its' expectations of normalcy.
  • edited December 1969
    I understand that you and your children share the same bedroom with your wife. This totally blows my mind. I did hear your explanation that you offered to Vikki abou thow you do not preach indepemdence like she does. I have to wonder if you and you wife make love to each other in the presence of the children while in this bedroom, too. I know what goes on in the bedroom of most couples and do not condone such intimacy in the presence of ANY others.

It seems as if no one in your family has ANY privacy of their own. People are people and come to know themselves by getting to know their own individual preferences.

It seems that you have not taught your children the power of choice. You have only offered your beliefs and accept only such. We were created as individuals and are such. You ought to at least give your kids a chance in teh "real world." hey have not been able to experience anything else. Only one who exoperiences can make a decision that truly fits them.
  • edited December 1969
    Hi Abbott family,

I just wanted to say that I think Vicky made some valid points...wearing shoes for once would be a good start to become part of this society, instead of being a total loser and weirdo. If you try to live a third world country lifestyle, maybe you should go back to Asia instead of brainwashing your children and depriving them of everything the US !!!! has to offer. We're no trying to defend this country from the radical muslims to live like a third world country or have no personal rights like them, but instead focus on our children's individuality and freedoms. You say your children can do whatever they want, how come Luke can't drive and doesn't even seem to know that most people date at his age. Don't try to push your viewpoints and fears on your children...all you're doing is hurt them in the long run....CARL, ur a hypocrite :evil:
  • edited December 1969
    I am 28 and do not have my licence. I was just thinking, I should go get my parents and beat them for ruining me.
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] hays:[/cite]I understand that you and your children share the same bedroom with your wife. This totally blows my mind. I did hear your explanation that you offered to Vikki abou thow you do not preach indepemdence like she does. I have to wonder if you and you wife make love to each other in the presence of the children while in this bedroom, too. I know what goes on in the bedroom of most couples and do not condone such intimacy in the presence of ANY others.

Hays,

Next time, try reading through the site prior to posting! I think you'd be surprised how many of your questions have been answered. Until then, you're out of line.
  • edited December 1969
    How does hays 'know what goes on in the bedroom of most couples'? has he been in the bedrooms of most couples? If so, he's got bigger problems than the abbottts do...These kind of broad statements are unfortunately rampant on the other boards...ignorant folks always try to hide behind the idea that theirs is the majority view...
  • edited December 1969
    Buddy: Alot of people do alot of "interesting" and "creative" things in the bedroom. lol. This Hays person gets around.
  • edited December 1969
    I used to get 'interesting and creative' in my bedroom-now when I'm in there, i'm just tired...