Taoist concepts in sex

So, come on, does anyone take their practice of taoism into their sex lives? Maybe all of you do, I don't know.

First off, I'm not thinking here of "sex energy cultivation" and all that (although if anyone has any stories on that score, they'd be interesting). It just occurs to me that during good sex, doesn't everyone go with the tao, moreso than they normally would?

After all, we're acting on instinct. There's a natural flow to it, and it's an area where everybody at some point gives themselves up freely to being completely utterly NOW. All thought ceases, and we respond to each other without responding.

The principle of wu wei works out very well here too. If you're thinking, in words, "Hmm, it's been a while since I went down on her", you probably shouldn't bother, it's all too forced. If your mind is blank, like that of a horny fool, you'll find yourself there anyway, it "happens to us naturally".

Well, these are my thoughts for today. I'm trying to get some discussion started, it seems a bit quiet around here. I guess I'll just delve into more and more controversial topics, eventually I'll hit upon something that someone will feel compelled to discuss, even if it's just that I've offended them.

Love, peace, harmony, and all that good stuff,
Dan.

Comments

• I'm trying to get some discussion started, it seems a bit quiet around here. I guess I'll just delve into more and more controversial topics, eventually I'll hit upon something that someone will feel compelled to discuss, even if it's just that I've offended them.

Well, lots of luck, although I wouldn't bet on success. This site has always been pretty quiet, and I imagine will remain so -- at least as long as it stays near the Silent and void.

Check out the "Teahoust" website ( http://linwebsite.com/forum/ ). There is plenty of discussion there which I found it interesting for awhile, as might you. Let us know what you discover.