Homosexuality and Taoism

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
well, thans mainly to this website, I've been thinking now for over a week, and I'll tell you, it's not getting any easier...hard to break old habits (of just going thru life, shaking my head and smiling, saying "How 'bout them Seahawks?!").

My main problem is I'm doing it on the run-always gogogo-have to be 'accomplishing' something...daily mediation has always been a goal of mine, seldom achieved, but I really need to-like exercise, it's something I enjoy hugely, invigorates me, cleans my system and mind out, yet I avoid both assiduously...why? I do not know.

I need to realize the earth is always spinning at thousands of miles oan hour, it's ok for me to slow down, stop once in a while, and count my beans...

Comments

• edited December 1969
    From what I understand of Taoism it is a very open philosphy. I was wondering if there was any sort of majority opinion in the Taoism community about homosexuality. Is there a gay community within the Taoist community? I have been searching for a philosophy for my life, and Taoisom seems right up my alley, but just wondered about this aspect before I explored it more.
    Thanks in advance! Great site by the way, it has been very informative and entertaining!
  • edited December 1969
    The Body Electric School teaches Taoist erotic massage:

http://bodyelectric.org/

I've taken Celebrating the Body Erotic and The Dear Love of Comrades, and I recommend them highly.
  • edited December 1969
    Hi ... this is not Taoist, but some Native American cultures/spirituality not only embrace homosexuality, but believe it is a sacred thing. They believe that those who are so inclined possess the spirit of both sexes and are therefore more highly evolved.