Weakness is the Means the Way Employs?

I am seriously considering teaching meditation to my teenage students, with parent permission, of course. Has anyone successfully taught teenagers how to meditate, if so, how?

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Our ultimate weakness, our Achilles’ heel, is that which we personally need (or fear) in life the most. Need and fear move us forward, driving us to obtain what we lack, or avoid what we fear. How simple it is; how [chref=70]easy to understand[/chref].

If it is so easy to understand, why does life often feel so complicated? Conflicting needs I guess. We are often torn between two or more needs that are at odds with each other, or with our fears. Of course that just makes us weaker and need to dash about to work it all out. Yes indeed, [chref=40]weakness is the means the way employs[/chref].

Note: Naturally, ‘weakness’ drives everything, living and not. Human memory permits us to haul around conflicting needs and fears in addition to direct stimulation, which intensifies the experience neurologically speaking, This, I’d say, is the underlying cause of suffering and joy that is uniquely human. Even so, this is great; balance is maintained. We pay for our joy with our suffering. Put another way, we feel joy in loving what we need; we feel sorrow in hating what we fear (and not the other way around). Alas, we can't win! Even so, that's okay; balance is maintained. :|