TS: I really liked you guy's until I found this site

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
Goodness, as Buddy1 says, you're forcing me to think... Fortunately it's a pastime I enjoy, except when I'm looking for inner silence of course.

#1 I've notice that "a gentle question turns away wrath".
#2 In the eyes of a fool, the wisdom is silly. In the eyes of the wise, a fool is where he (the wise man) was yesterday.
#3 Well, in the Taoist view, Nature is neither wicked nor good. On the other hand, [chref=2]the whole world recognizes the good as the good, yet this is only the bad.[/chref] So, we in our affairs by 'creating' good end up with an equal measure of bad. As to the LORD, I find this view calming, [chref=4]Darkly visible, it only seems as if it were there. I know not whose son it is. It images the forefather of God. [/chref]
#4 My thoughts on #3 may apply to this one as well.

I suppose if I consider your 4 quote with my 4 responses I'd have to say Taoism certainly conveys another way of looking at such issues. The view that make you feel most comfortable is the one you'll turn to. I don't see either as being 'right' or 'wrong', for those are but two sides of that same old coin.

Time for some shut eye. (darn, there's no "I'm tired" Emoticon)

Comments

• edited December 1969
    This is mainly to the boys.Your answers to things is something I would not expect from you after seeing the show,answers and coments are nothing more that someone being a smartass.
    This site has been very dissapointing.
    Christine :cry:
  • edited December 1969
    Interesting comment, Christine. I'll bet you didn't see what you expected after watching the show! That's because it's not really reality . . . but I've harped on that enough already. As far as being a smartass, well, I'm sorry if any of my comments (or Kyle's) were offensive to you. Most likely, however, they were not meant to be taken seriously. Especially Kyle's site!

What exactly were you expecting to see, Christine?
  • edited December 1969
    Thank you for the response,This is only what I got from the show,
    Soft spoken
    kind
    considerate
    If I wanted to hear a smart mouth I would plow down my 16 yr.old sons room and confront him with his crapy grades.
    I am not sure that what I expected was rational but I sure was impressed with the (different) way your family lived,a breath of fresh air.

From a tired mom of 3 a spell checker would be nice :)
  • edited December 1969
    LOL . . . I'm not laughing at Christine's comment here, so much as the general comments on FOX's message boards. Nothing personal, Christine. Anyway . . . here's what struck me:

On one hand, some of these people on the boards make such a big deal about how Kyle and I are brainwashed, how we can't think for ourselves, but have to ask Papa for advice before we do anything, blah blah blah . . . basically how we are so NOT normal!

On the other hand, they make such a big fuss about Kyle's (playful) arrogance on his web site!!! Doesn't that behavior -- something the rest of us don't share (much) -- make him more individualistic? Doesn't that make him more normal? Many teenagers my age would be far more arrogant and rude . . . and MEAN it! Doesn't anything in that direction make Kyle MORE normal?

:lol: I'm sorry, but it's just too funny.

This is so crazy. :roll:

Please don't take this personally, everybody...
  • edited December 2004
    a spell checker would be nice

Christine, I don't mean to be smart/fresh or anything but I couldn't help but notice you misspelled 'crapy.' (I believe it's spelled crappy). Just a friendly reminder :D. I don't use that word a lot but I can tell when it's misspelled. It's not your fault 'cause I know that I make lots of typos when I'm without a spell checker :) .

I'm sorry that you don't like us but to be realistic, nobody can please everybody.
  • edited December 1969
    BTW, I posted that before I saw your second post, so it was not in response to it.

Actually, I can't speak for myself, but all of our friends are always telling my parents how kind and considerate Kyle and I are. And if you look at non-discussion areas of my site(s) (like www.playingbyear.com) you won't find any arrogance (I hope not!). Yes, I have been a bit of a smart-alec on these boards, but honestly it's all in jest, and if you were just mis-represented on national TV you'd want to let off a little steam too! :D

Also, you mean a spell checker for CenterTao.org? That would be a good idea. I will look into it. Thanks.
  • edited December 1969
    Now now, Kyle, don't get down on her for her spelling. Lord knows you're one to talk. :-D
    [cite] Tao Nut:[/cite]I'm sorry that you don't like us.
    I actually don't get that impression. Since you and I came off on the show as really quiet and introverted, she wasn't prepared for your edgy humor or sharp remarks. Which is interesting, since many people on those message boards would be relieved to find out you're not a robot! :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Now now, Kyle, don't get down on her for her spelling. Lord knows you're one to talk.

Hey! I'm not getting down on it. I told her that I make plenty of mistakes. I thought she would appreciate me letting her know that she made a typo. I meant no offense what-so-ever and if I did, I apoligize.

And I'm not edgy in person! :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    I understand my spelling is not exactly desirable but I think your post just prove what I had said in the first post.
    I being a fan of the show and then becomeing a fan of you and your different way of living.It takes a strong person to be different!!
    You have assumed that I think the same of others(brainwash,robot)
    I never said or implied I felt this way.
    I came here as a fan and leave dissapointed.I came here to get to know you
    That is as honest as I can get
    I did not come here to be corrected about spelling.
    (I thought different,right or wrong I thought different)
    I wish you the best of luck!!
    Christine
  • edited December 1969
    I know you didn't come to get your spelling corrected.
    I came here to get to know you
    And now you have. What more could you ask for?
    You have assumed that I think the same of others
    I did not say at all that you thought what they thought.
    I wish you the best of luck!!
    Same here! Good luck Christine.
  • edited December 1969
    Christine, I just want to say I'm sorry that I offended you. I never once assumed that you had the same mindset as some of the other people I was referring to. It was my mistake to insert my comment relating to those other people in a discussion thread that you started. I was a bit nervous that my comments would be taken the wrong way, and I guess they were. But hey, you've probably learned more about us through these misunderstandings than you ever would have on national TV.

Take it easy,
    Luke
  • edited December 1969
    But hey, you've probably learned more about us through these misunderstandings than you ever would have on national TV.

Well Thank you
    I think your right,I don't think I took enough consideration of what you might be hearing from others.You want to scream the truth but you can't change their minds.Very frustrating.
    I think your dad is very loving and your Mom looks so beautiful as a natural woman.
    Of 2 Bed so's I can git up wit mi kids!!! :D (that's for your brother)
    I hope to talk to you again.
    Christine
    [/quote]
  • edited December 1969
    well, damned if you do and damned if you don't...
  • edited December 1969
    I just seen that you fixed my typo in the title,Thank you I look less of and idiot now :wink:

And to Buddy,why so grouchy?
    I bet if you put some clothes on you would feel better.Some parts of a mans body just should NOT get cold. :?
  • edited December 1969
    It just seems that Kyle & Luke can't win: If they're quiet & contemplative, people call them robots and pawns of Carl, and when they show some personality, people say they're smart asses...
  • edited December 1969
    I know the secret to appealing (be well known or liked) to every person on the planet! The people you are appealing have to lower their standards and they won't be dissapointed with anything. That is the real secret. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Those who are 'disappointed' in others generally have such high (read: unrealistic) evaluations off themselves nobody else can live up to the standards they set...gives them more excuse to be unhappy with the world...
  • edited December 1969
    After watching the show, I must admit i was one of the wow-that's-weird crowd. But i could not overlook how incredibly attractive you are. You're a good looking boy, and you have incredible eyes.
  • edited December 1969
    That comment was for Luke :oops:
  • edited December 1969
    I agree with you Luke. I have to admit, I grew up in a very liberal family that shocks alot of people too and I was taken aback by the family bed thing. Everything else, though, I thought was great. But I never got the impression that you and your brother were afraid to speak up about things .... the opposite in fact. I thought the two of you were very upfront, though diplomatic, about things and I do not see where people get the idea that your Mom is a pushover to your Dad. She seems very strong willed.

But of course, this comes from Tv.
  • edited December 1969
    Ah, my dad taught me growing up that expectations only bring heartache and dissapiontment. Just accept the moment, and be joyfull in it. And he was right. All the striving for things that are outside of ourselves just wastes whatever precious moments we have.
  • edited December 1969
    You'll be 'appealing' to some people, 'appalling' to others-it's all just words and perceptions...