Ignore Symptoms; Dis-Ease Persists

I reckon I agree with you saying, "Quantum Mechanics is a deterministic theory. (Probabilistic, but deterministic.)". I'd only change the "(Probabilistic, but deterministic)" to (Probably deterministic) seeing how we are skirting a realm where 'the image that has no shape' points the way.

Now, who ever said "we can change ourselves by studying the Tao"? Certainly not I. That we only see a reflection of who we are makes me suspect that, after all is said and done, we are the blind leading the blind. Nothing more. However, realizing that sure helps my 'footing'.

I look forward to hearing more from your Philosophy of Science background. Perhaps I'll learn something... Of course learning is like raising one's standard of living. Each level you reach 'zeros it self out' and your back to square one again - like that game Tetris when you 'win'. :-(:-):|

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Most every word and name that comes to my mind leaves its primary origin behind. Examining them reveals deeper underlying origins and causes. This is why I’ve come to regard words and names as symptoms of underlying causes. Alas there is an unintended consequence of using such a labeling system. Slapping a word or name upon a phenomenon – labeling it – makes it easier to ignore the ‘big picture’ underpinnings of its reality. The narrower we focus on a label, the more we take it at face value. The mind digs no further into deeper causes and so the ‘big picture’ eludes us. No wonder the Tao Te Ching has a fundamental problem with [chref=23]words[/chref] and [chref=32]names[/chref]! Ironically, they blind the mind’s eye by allowing it to identify what it sees. Blind, we continually stub our toes and our dis-ease persists.