The choices we make aren't chosen

It's all a big conundrum. The Buddha taught letting go of attachment to end suffering. Not for any other reason I'm aware of, i.e., suffering/bad, pleasure/good. If you are you okay with suffering, then go ahead and stay attached. But if you're okay with suffering, you've already let go quite a bit, haven't you?

Another conundrum with the Tao. Once you speak about it, you're no longer talking about it. It's an easy trump card to play. So here in our little internet community where we can vent stuff that's been spinning in our little heads (that's what it's like in mine, anyway), we agree we're not going to play that card.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I think this sums up the topic of free will pretty concisely...
    The choices we make aren't chosen.

...don't you?
  • edited December 1969
    hmmm...

no free will [ 1 ] vs free will [ 0 ]

it was chosen for us to live in this way.

otherwise why is it that even with same sand I can play in my box and someone has to play in on a beach?

This is a very special treat for Luke, hehehe~

碧巖錄

[第095則]喫茶去
    〈垂示〉垂示云。有佛處不得住。住著頭觑生。無佛處急走過。不走過。草深一丈。直饑淨裸裸赤灑灑。事外無機機外無事。未免守株待免。且道總不恁麽。作麽生行履。試擧看。
    〈本則〉擧。長慶有時云。寧說阿羅漢有三毑。不說如來有二種語。不道如來無語。只是無二種語。保福云。作麽生是如來語。慶云。聾人爭得聞。保福云。情知爾向第二頭道。慶云。作麽生是如來語。保福云。喫茶去。
    〈頌〉頭兮第一第二。臥龍不鑑止水。無處有月波澄。有處無風浪起。稜禪客稜禪客。三月禹門遭點額。

I cried when I was learning this, From this day on I knew my perception was a lie and there is no free will /choice.

kudos for everyone~