Global warming...

I was 'in the moment' earlier this year. I don't remember much about the moment because I was put under for the duration. I wanted to be awake so I could watch, but the doctor said no it would be best to be "out of it".

for me, sometimes the moment is just within reach but never achievable. I don't worry about the moment becaue the next is just around the corner

Comments

• edited December 1969
    The post Global Warming... made me feel something. I think that perhaps the reason i call it a 'feeling' is because there were no 'thoughts' as this emotion occurred... but to describe that feeling is the complete reverse polarity of that very same thing. hmm..
    Maybe as our brain splinters experiences into words.. we gain 'keeping' it (like a snap shot) to discuss, remember and compare things to it, but we miss constant countless others in every moment we spend 'remebering.' I would call the feeling i had 'peaceful.' Peaceful to 'zoom out' infinitely , yet from this silence to see the very same playing itself out in the most subtle of the myriad teeming things.. infinitely smaller. Either way Returning.
    Does not peace correlate to death? therefore 'dont like it' and 'so be it' produce each other.
    :shock: >BoiNG
  • edited December 1969
    we gain 'keeping' it (like a snap shot) to discuss, remember and compare things to it, but we miss constant countless others in every moment we spend 'remebering.'

That's exactly what my brain does: when it "gets" something, it latches on for dear life, compares everything else to what it "knows", then judges, agrees or disagrees. There's hardly any room to let a new idea in!

That's what I like about this board. Because it's all written, I can observe my brain's knee jerk reactions and perhaps be able to let them go and shatter some old thoughts and beliefs. It leaves more room in my head for space to hang out in.

Or maybe I'm spacey enough?
  • edited December 1969
    yeah.. its cos I dont wanna 'miss' anything "important." Too fervent my quest for integrity. :oops: In not allowing myself to 'miss' things I grasp, thus miss... thus see those moments when my mind "gets it" as more important than the 'ordinary'. Talk about muddled and unc[chref=20]o[/chref]uth!!!
  • edited December 1969
    This is delightful! First,
    [cite] TheNowSeeker:[/cite]... I would call the feeling i had 'peaceful.' Peaceful to 'zoom out' infinitely
    Oh yes, it feels so peaceful when we have [chref=19]little thought of self[/chref] interest. And yes, being in the 'yin' column, death = peace. Boy, aren't you glad life is so short! :wink: Although, I've asked people if they'd like to live forever and many have said yes (maybe most, I can't recall). Oh how instinct [chref=65]hoodwinks[/chref] and rules.
    [cite] TheNowSeeker:[/cite]... but we miss constant countless others in every moment we spend 'remembering.'
    I've become a 'master' at non remembering. But, as we know, Nature abhors a vacuum, and so observations and their connections constantly pop into my mind. So much for [chref=5]holding fast to the void[/chref]. Nature won't allow it! :roll:
    [cite] Lynn Cornish:[/cite]... latches on for dear life, compares everything else to what it "knows", then judges, agrees or disagrees. There's hardly any room to let a new idea in!
    I don't "latch on", nor "judges" much anymore. Alas, my mind's space fills with "new ideas". I think the moral of this is we can't win happiness. Thus, '[chref=69]it is the one that is sorrow-stricken that wins[/chref]' applies to personal life as well. Whatever we feel would be to our advantage, once we have it, it ain't. The lower position, [chref=39]taking the inferior as root[/chref], is the only path that 'works'. Of course, that flies in the face of instinct. Now that's cosmic justice!

By the way, I happened upon an interesting site, Tea House 2.0, which I just joined and posted the Global Warming piece to see what mischief I could stir up :lol:. I just can't get over the 'internets' (as our illustrious president put it).
  • edited December 1969
    don't "latch on", nor "judges" much anymore

I don't either. "I" do!

Carl, I could say only that and you would know what I meant, wouldn't you?
  • edited December 1969
    "I" don't, but I do. :)
  • JoeJoe
    edited December 1969
    Hey Lynn, I actually understood too. The "I"s have it.
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Carl:[/cite]Boy, aren't you glad life is so short!
    No, but I am glad it has a limit. Time is a friend that keeps me on my toes because I know it is limited.
    [cite] Carl:[/cite]Although, I've asked people if they'd like to live forever and many have said yes (maybe most, I can't recall).
    I am hoping (but not counting on) I get another go 'round under different circumstances after I make the best of the ones I have already.
  • edited December 1969
    Note: I thought I move this topic, "Those who know do not...", to the Lounge to stir it up a little. It's so quite in there.
    [cite] So, Topher:[/cite]...No, but I am glad it has a limit...

...I am hoping (but not counting on) I get another go 'round...
    ... How much time is enough time? [chref=33]He who lives out his days has had a long life[/chref] is a sentiment that soothes me as I deal with time.

... For me, it is '[chref=10]knowing [/chref]' that I don't "get another go 'round" that makes me more [chref=64]careful[/chref] with this one.