Peering Into the Bottomless Pit

[cite] Lynn Cornish:[/cite]
Not being in the moment requires being in the moment; being in the moment requires not being in the moment.
Here's the only clue I have to understanding. The only way you realize you are not in the moment is to be in the moment noticing. It's like: "Hey, look, I've wandered away." If you did not return to the present moment, you would never notice. (Imagine living your life this way.)
Well, perhaps you are and just 'think' you are not. The illusion is an illusion... perhaps. That just goes to show how powerful myth is!
The other way around is not coming to me. Let's see. When I'm in the moment how to I get from there to not in the moment?
Wouldn't entropy apply to the mind and emotions just as it does to everything else in nature? :)

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Peering Into the Bottomless Pit
    This morning while upside down in sarvanga asana (shoulder stand) I saw another similarity. I'm always on the lookout for similarity and the inverted yoga postures and lying in the bath tub often pave the way for this. Simply put, I saw time is consciousness, and consciousness is nothing. The mind, falling through this bottomless pit, this [chref=5]void[/chref] - time - sees this or that (stimuli), and memory 'awareness' latches on. We [chref=29]lay hold of it[/chref], and hang on for dear life. Nothing wrong with that, but not 'laying hold' of anything, once and awhile, allows consciousness to [chref=28]return to the infinite[/chref]. Death, life, good, bad... all the duality dissolves. Self is nothing and 'we' are immortal. But, then we must 'lay hold' once more, for that is how life works. Even so, [chref=32]knowing when to stop one can be free from danger.[/chref] Now, that is [chref=45]great perfection[/chref]!
  • edited December 1969
    I saw time is consciousness, and consciousness is nothing. The mind, falling through this bottomless pit, this void - time - sees this or that (stimuli), and memory 'awareness' latches on. We lay hold of it, and hang on for dear life. Nothing wrong with that, but not 'laying hold' of anything, once and awhile, allows consciousness to return to the infinite. Death, life, good, bad... all the duality dissolves. Self is nothing and 'we' are immortal. But, then we must 'lay hold' once more, for that is how life works. Even so, knowing when to stop one can be free from danger. Now, that is great perfection!

I read this for the third time now and just wanted you to know that someone out there is saying "Whoa!"

That time is consciousness needs to sink in. But that the mind is falling through the void, latching on to this and that, resonates big time. I get it. Then we are faced with letting go of the void. Was it the Everly Brothers who said "that'll be the day when I die"?