Chuang Tzu

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
I can't tell you all the reading I have done here and everything makes so much sense!
It's like a light bulb went off in my head. I'm so ready to learn more!!

Comments

• edited December 1969
    "Mysteriously, wonderfully, I bid farewell to what goes, I greet what comes; for what comes cannot be denied, what goes cannot be detained."

"Perfect Yin is stern and frigid; Perfect Yang is bright and glittering.
    The sterness and frigidty come forth from heaven, the brightness and glitter emerge from the earth; the two mingle, penetrate, come together, harmonize, and all things are born therefrom."

Chuang Tzu explined how Tao seeks out and moves through the 'empty spaces of life, seemingly without effort, with this example: there was a butcher whose cleaver never got dull. When pressed for his secret, he explained: "Between the bones of every joint there is always some space, otherwise there could be no movement. By seeking out this space and passing through it my cleaver lays wide the bones without touching them."
  • edited December 1969
    Chuang Tzu dreamed he was a butterfly, and was astonished when he awoke, and found he was still just Chuang Tzu. But then he started wondering, "Am I Chuang Tzu dreaming I was a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I am Chuang Tzu?"

Read this to my kid this morning, and he said 'thats stupid'. LOL. But I could see it made him think...
  • edited December 1969
    Buddy - I read this yesterday and really liked it. I awoke this morning kind of dreaming about how 'the tao seeks out and moves through the empty spaces of life.' That really resounds for me. Thanks for sharing it. I'll be internalizing that and carrying it around with me for the rest of my life.[/quote]
  • edited December 1969
    I appreciate that. Makes me feel like I'm actually contributing something worthwhile on here...
  • edited December 1969
    You are welcome. I understand your concern re contributing. I feel that I stick my foot in my mouth and here, I can't go back and change anything. I hate that sinking feeling!
  • edited December 1969
    That's why the message board gods created the "Edit" button, Lynn!

On the other hand, one person's foot-in-mouth is another person's . . . uhh . . . sorry, couldn't think of anything. :)
  • edited December 1969
    One person's foot in mouth is another person's saying "hey, get your foot out of my mouth!"

and I never edit: type, send, and damn the torpedos...
  • edited December 1969
    I didn't notice the edit button. Wow! How does your program know which one is mine? A cookie? Very clever. I won't tell Rick, though, because it'll make his programmers (and me!) look really bad.
  • edited December 1969
    Well, see, if you post as a guest you can't edit anything. BUT if you have registered (as you have) you [i]can[/i] edit posts. [color=gray]Yes, there's a cookie created when you log in. Each user has an ID that is connected with their posts. Each post's authorID is compared with the logged-in userID, and if there's a match, BAM, edit button is visible. Although I can't take credit for this board . . . it's powered by [url=www.phpbb.com]phpBB[/url]. I just modified the code from there to suit my needs. But I don't really program in PHP much anyway . . . I'm more a dot-net kind of guy. [/color] Rick was actually talking about an edit feature many months ago, but he said it would make [url=http://www.cbaontheweb.org/messageboard.asp]the CBA board[/url] too complex.
  • edited December 1969
    I'm more ignorant about computers than any other subject-reading posts like the above and some of kyles blog where he speaks of replacing his dsl 1350 motherboard with a reboot 5000 xxl 9 (or whatever) y'all might as well be talking Chinese to me...perhaps Carl will train me in the way of Tao, and you boys can train me on the way of the computer...think i have more hope of understanding the Tao
  • edited December 1969
    Well Luke, it makes sense to me, another geek. I had forgotten and taken for granted that I registered way back when. One of the less wonderful things about getting old. I have actually used cookies before, way back when I worked for a living. Don't tell Rick you do dot.net; he will try to recruit you!