We Gain Something, Yet it is by Virtue of Nothing...

I have read everyone's comments and this is what came to mind a quote from the Gospel of Thomas: "His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it." Interesting the Kingdom is already here and we do not see it! I do not believe in faith, I have experience. Does not our Biology require experience?

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I've been going through a period of changing circumstances these past few weeks. Changing [chref=51]circumstances[/chref] often amounts to a loss of something in one way or another. There are two ways of thinking about such change and loss that ensues. Of course, the emotions have a 'mind of their own'. Nevertheless, our conscious deliberations about life do filter down to the emotions and influence their 'mind-set'.

Anyway, the first, and probably the 'easiest' is to moan about our loss and dwell on what would of, should of, or could of been. I've always found this 'easier' path to be a harder road in the long run.

I prefer the 'harder' path personally: Whenever I feel I am losing something or missing out, I stop and [chref=16]I do my utmost to attain emptiness[/chref]. Here I am more likely to realize what is being [chref=15] newly made[/chref]. I can then even rejoice - more or less :wink: . Loss is priceless, for it is in that [chref=25]void[/chref] that we gain something special. Or, in the words of chapter 11: [chref=11]Thus, what we gain is Something, yet it is by virtue of Nothing that this can be put to use. [/chref]