meeza back .. how are y'all doing ?

edited October 2006 in The CenterTao Lounge
Is there any way to avoid escapism? I looked up the personal life of Alan Watts, a contemporary philosopher that I think is brilliant, entertaining, and wonderfully insightful. Toward the end of his life, I found that he went through serious alcohol addiction, was bound down by social and economical responsibilities, and was burnt out after working all the time and going through three marriages. Is there a way to avoid escapism, the type that can deteriote the body, mind, and soul?

Comments

• edited December 1969
    it has been a long while since I've been here. I hope all is well with everyone.

Dad is still living with me. He turned 86 on the 3rd of October, my sister drove up from San Antonio (200 miles) to spend the day with us. I've been doing ok, very busy at work. There are five of us in the office. One of the guys had a stroke at the end of May, he is alive and just last week decided to go ahead and retire. His being absent increased the work load on everyone and we couldn't hire anyone until we knew his status. I had 32 hours over time one week. Summer is the busiest time for us and coulpled with that we had a new building built and our office is remodeled. Complete confusion and disarray ruled.

anyhoo, I just wanted to say hello again and catuch up with the happenings here at Center Tao.

peace out,
    bob
  • edited December 1969
    Hi UncleBob!

Glad to hear from you. I hope things settle down over there!

Thanks so much for all your kind words to Kyle on his website. (I wont advertise our son's website- Kyle's Web Pitstop)

Carl feels there are more posters in the cooler weather. Would you agree? He thinks people are inside more and taking time to check in. Maybe.

I obviously don't have much to say. Just wanted to say "Hi".

Well take good care,
    Leslie
  • edited December 1969
    Welcome back, Uncle Bob. Hope to hear lots more from you. We are starting to get lonely here.