Wandering, Forever Wandering

Either folks who are comfortable with coherent translations or those that can live with ambiguity and confusion, like me. :roll:

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Being hunter gatherers, we are genetically programed to wander. Instinct drives us to search for what we need, be curious about what we find, and worry about not losing what we have. In the wild this primarily means searching for food and avoiding danger. How do these instincts play out when circumstances prevent the full and healthy expression of those drives (i.e., in civilization circumstances)? [chref=46]Too many desires[/chref]!

Right here is an example: I notice, ponder, write down and post these observations. Having [chref=1]desire in order to observe its manifestations[/chref] (of which curiosity is a part) drives this. Alas, desire never brings [chref=33]contentment[/chref], just as worry never resolves uncertainty, and curiosity never answers the question. Only when I [chref=1]rid myself of desires in order to observes its secrets[/chref] do I feel this. It is a little ironic. I guess that is why [chref=73]even the sage treats some things as difficult.[/chref]

So, my fellow sages, how does this wander 'lust' play out in your lives? Are you ready to [chref=80]return to the use of the knotted rope[/chref]? I am, as long as I don't have to give up modern dentistry. :wink: