Is the Quantum View of 'Things' Taoist?

P.S. Opps, I forgot to mention...
[cite] sharon bevin:[/cite]Travel may not be for you but...
Don't forget, I spent 15 years+ traveling and working abroad. (all the continents, through 100+ countries I reckon, though never counted them up). The 'novelty' wore off! :roll:
[cite] sharon bevin:[/cite] I would have definitely enjoyed your company... Good luck mate. ;)
Yes, we would have some lively interaction! Maybe it is a good thing you are on the other side of the planet. I'm getting to be an old man now and might not be able to take it. :lol:

... Likewise, I wish you safe journey.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I came across this article which parallels Taoist views, like [chref=48]"One does less and less until one does nothing at all, and when one does nothing at all there is nothing that is undone" [/chref] rather nicely.

"Physicists have long known that quantum computers have the potential to race through calculations trillions of times as fast as ordinary computers do. Now, it seems that those machines may not have to calculate at all to deliver answers. That seemingly absurd possibility, which was advanced as a theory several years ago, has now received experimental verification. What's more, although previous calculations indicated that such an approach would work only half the time at best, the new study suggests that it could become completely reliable.

"This is a beautiful experiment. It verifies ... one of the strangest aspects of the nature of physical reality that is presented to us by quantum theory," comments theorist Richard Jozsa of the University of Bristol in England, who dreamed up the scenario in 1998. Built so far only in laboratories and on a limited scale, quantum computers exploit the quantum-mechanical properties of tiny objects, such as photons and ions, to perform calculations. Such properties include being in a so-called superposition, where an entity simultaneously exists in two or more states that seem mutually exclusive.

... (I'm leaving out the technical details here; if you're interested, see Science News, Feb. 25, 06) ...

Charles H. Bennett of the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, N.Y., praises the new work for "exploring the places where quantum prediction seems most at odds with common sense:"

... Who knows, Science may 'prove' Taoism someday! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: