The amazing Bruce Lee

edited February 2006 in The CenterTao Lounge
Hi Carl, I'll be watching your family TS episode tonight. Look, I'm not going to judge a family if they're different, what I notice with most of the postings concerning you and your family is that you're a great dad, maybe over protective but at the end of the day it's all looooove. I know they may have edited a lot of stuff that may have betrayed you differently but you have to understand, barbara was mean and no editing could have changed how she was. It's not that we hate her, I'm sure people will agree, we hate how she treated everyone outside her world, including her own family. You love your children, you wouldn't have wanted her to come and stay at your house and treat your kids the way she treated Zz? Maybe Diego could've said something but the man was trying to respect her, even til the last evening, he looked at her (and did you notice how she looked, she knew then she went too far and yet she still bloody justified it), her heart couldn't feel any compassion even when she obviously can hear him cry. Where's the mother instinct there for compassion. She could've apologised and hugged him, no wonder Zz looked untouched when she was stroking his face and telling him that she's going to miss him. Children tell the truth in so many ways and he knew she didn't mean anything she said. Your fired! comes to mind.
I guess you defend barbara as a victim to the media & editing, sure it's not good to judge people but you can't possibly justify her and the way she treated the Loupe family. I hope never to scoop that low or to be so prideful or self centred. Again, hope she learns from it, I have. Good luck Barbara.
In any case, thanks Carl, I hear ya and am looking forward to the show tonight.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    We are currently watching a cd on Bruce Lee about his last days, last film, last words. My wife and I think he is absolutely amazing in his expression of the Tao.

I am always sad about his untimely passing but at the same time realize that it is NOT he who originated Tao. He just learned to understand it and apply it and move with it. Then I am encouraged.

I am interested in what others know of and think of Bruce Lee and I encourage people to study his life, actions and words. He has much to "point to".
  • edited December 1969
    most amazing martial artist ever-though his standing among the MA community has suffered of late (jealousy, me thinks) i believe in the end his rep will rise again and last forever.
    I especially love reading about his various workout routines-base mine on his.
    just a remarkable person.
  • edited December 1969
    I like to listen to him talk about his art in Taoist terms. He rephrases the TTC in his own unique way.