Why so slow

edited February 2006 in The CenterTao Lounge
Buddy, hang on in there guy. I'm sure that once all the bureaucratic rubbish has been cleared away, and they "discover" that you're an OK guy and have been good for the kid, they'll start talking sense.

I couldn't work out why this all started in the first place - I mean if you've been looking after him for 6 years, why did all this kick off now?

I'm thinking of you and the lad - I hope you'll be back together soon.

:( :?

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Not much activity on this site. Is this common?

Incidentally, I did not see the trading spouses program that is talked about on here.

Peace,
    Tom
  • edited December 1969
    Lately it's been even slower than usual. After the Trading Spouses episode it was hectic and so now we appreciate the calm.

Welcome to the site! It's quality, not quantity here, I've noticed. If I don't have something to say, I don't say anything (thank your lucky stars for that!), but I'm always reading.
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Lynn Cornish:[/cite]Lately it's been even slower than usual. After the Trading Spouses episode it was hectic and so now we appreciate the calm.

Welcome to the site! It's quality, not quantity here, I've noticed. If I don't have something to say, I don't say anything (thank your lucky stars for that!), but I'm always reading.

Thanks for your reply. I am not reading anything except commentaries on the Tao Te Ching as I am working on a book about it.

Last book I read was, "How We Believe", by Michael Shermer.

My wife reads all the time.

One of my most favorite books is "Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice", by Plotkin.
  • edited December 1969
    but I'm always reading.

I meant that I am always reading what's on this site, although I always have a book going, too. I'm currently reading "Places that Scare You" by Pema Chodron, a Sherlock Holmes book, and that book where a woman dresses and passes as a man. (I'm retired so I have lots of time to read.)

"Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice" sounds interesting. Maybe I'll look into that one.
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Lynn Cornish:[/cite]

"Tales of a Shaman's Apprentice" sounds interesting. Maybe I'll look into that one.

It is like one of my most favorite and a really quick read. You should not be diappointed. It is so cool and amazing. Glad you are interested. It is about Ethnobotany, looking for medicinal plants among "primitive" cultures. But the cultures are not so "primitive" after all!