dream about the Abbotts

edited October 2005 in The CenterTao Lounge
[cite] Little Dragon:[/cite]1... striving after meaning is something that we do as humans so that we can 'draw a line' under things, establish where things/events start and finish, when...

2.... we just need to live our lives, taking each day as it comes, resisting the very natural human urge to overplan, overthink.

Hi, Dragon Lady... :wink:

I ditto your sentiments. And, I would add a tad...

(1) I personally find my curiosity about the unknown - and unknowable - is a driving force in my life. Yikes! So, that's a big deal for some of us hominids, eh? I suppose those of us in whom the unknown evokes more 'fear' (insecurity) than curiosity would be driven to "draw a line under things".

(2) I suspect that the emotional dynamic I point out just above determines how easily we are able to "take each day (and moment) as it comes". Because fears drive us to "overplan, overthink", we are really quite incapable of "resisting" these symptoms of our insecurity. Though we "resist" plenty, we never succeed. Our depth of insecurity determines our approach to life. And our approach determines how our lives play out. Ha! Even that very "resistance" is driven by insecurity.

Where's Santa Claus when we need him? :lol:

Comments

• edited December 1969
    strange tales unfolding in my sleep last night: first i was attending a chat between jesse jackson and muhammed ali, and i very graciously gathered up their dirty cups and dishes. jesse asked me why i was being so nice (because even in a dream, nobody expects thst from me) and i responded 'becase i'm all about love'-definately NOT me...
    then i was outside the Abbotts house-that is, the house as shown on TS, but with a huge warehouse type structure attached. saw kyle scaling down the side of the building, making a getaway, i think. then i was inside with leslie, she sporting a new, rather unbecoming short curly hairdo-stick with your old style, les-then carl started sniffing me & running his hands just over the surface of my body head to toe-like he was trying to 'read' me, feel my aura or something...hope he doesnt do this if we really meet in real life...
    think there was more to it, but thats all i remember...hope next time i dream of being at your house, angelina jolie's staying there as well...
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Buddy1:[/cite]...hope he doesnt do this if we really meet in real life...
    Mr Buddy, you have my solemn pledge :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :lol:
  • edited December 1969
    Buddy

You've been eating cheese late at night again, haven't you?!!
  • edited December 1969
    that or pickled eggs. kinda weird, but I've had some very strange dreams lately too.