YES

Yes Carl I understand where you are coming from. I think our greatest challege will be to get beyond the final "symbol", THE TAO :yy: We can call it what we want, write as much or as little as possible, but we still bump into the back of our own heads. We need to get beyond the final "symbol"

How do we do that?

Comments

• edited December 1969
    "By the way, you can make your own Zen (i.e., Buddhism + Taoism = Zen). My 'problem' with Zen is that, as a synthesis of Buddhism and Taoism, it leaves out some parts of each for me personally. So I just take from each what I wish, add my own two cents, and make a 'personalized Zen'. "

Carl I jus thave to say thank you! This is exactly what I have been doing for the last 40 years, and I love this journey! ~/~

I also study and reflect on the "The Upanishads", "The Bhagavad Gita" by: Eknath Easwaran and "The Gossip of Thomas", but it is the Tao Te Ching that allows me to look into the mirror and see myself at that moment! :lol:
  • edited December 1969
    :)
  • edited December 1969
    Allandnone,

Did you mean to say The Gospel of Thomas?
  • edited December 1969
    Yes, It is the 'Gospel of Thomas'. Thank you for the correction. :oops:
  • edited December 1969
    Oh darn. I was looking forward to hearing some good gossip about Thomas and all the apostles and all the saints.