we didn't get much out of Rita

edited September 2005 in The CenterTao Lounge
Using my personal experience, working backwards:

1. I need to punish because I'm angry

2. I'm angry because I feel threatened

3. I feel threatened because I'm afraid this prince is getting more than his share and I'll have none.

4. I'm afraid because I don't want to die.

So it all comes back to survival instinct.

How's that?

Comments

• edited December 1969
    well hurricane Rita has come and gone and we didn't get much .. about 1/4" of rain and winds 25-30 with gusts to 40. most of the rain stayed about 20 miles to the east of me, I live 90 miles northwest of Houston (college station/bryan). the wind I'm glad we didn't get, but we really could have used the rain, it has been a very dry September.

today (25th), it is sunny, not a cloud in the sky and very warm .. high's in the upper 90's .. hard to believe a hurricane just past by.
  • edited December 1969
    Glad to see that you guys didn't do too bad with Hurricane Rita. Must have been a big relief. Although we get quite a few hurricanes in the UK, they're all relatively tiny and don't do such widespread damage.

Speaking of wind - here in East Anglia (UK) we talk about 'lazy winds' - these are winds that are too 'lazy' to go round you but cut straight on through. East Anglia is so flat that we say that there's nothing between us and the North Pole except the odd stray reindeer - when the wind gets really bitter, you know that the reindeer's moved! :lol:
  • edited December 1969
    get this .. ok hurricane Rita past just to the east of us on Saturday. Saturday the high was 85F, Sunday the high was 104F, today (monday) the high was 105F and it is supposed to be 103 tomorrow... geeeze what gives.

I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath and lived near Diss... yeah I drove about 40 miles each way. I loved how I could be fogged in where I lived yet the base was clear. a "free" vacation. hehehe

bob
  • edited December 1969
    Yeah - gotta to love that fog. Instead of snow days, we can have fog days! Haven't had any really serious fogs this autumn yet - but I live in hope :lol: