what kind of books do y'all read ?

edited September 2005 in The CenterTao Lounge
well, a little net-work answered my own question:went to 'fans of reality tv' found a thread about it-they're ok-were on the edge of the 'cane, a lil damage, some power outage for a while, but unharmed...

and a fan on there mentioned Finland has just started a 'big brother' type reality show-with full frontal male nudity-so, Abbott men, if you think your experience on TS was bad, remember it could've been worse...for all of us...

Comments

• edited December 1969
    well, trying to keep things going.. what kinda (genre) books do y'all read ?

I like mostly SciFi and fantasy, I loved Dune and think it is the best.

I just finished Eldest, book two of the Inheritance trilogy by Christopher Paolini. It is kinda like Lord of the Rings and I detect a touch of Star Wars influence too. It is really good reading. here is a link to his site www.alagaesia.com oh and the guy that wrote it is just 21, he started the trilogy when he was 15, but don't let that stop you from reading it.

I read classics too: Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn, Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe (especially around Holloween), Charles Dickens and Homer.

I also read 3D graphics books. I do 3D graphics as a hobby, using Cinema4D.
  • edited December 1969
    I love the Robin Cook medical mysteries. Remember the movie Coma? It was done by Robin Cook first. And, since visiting the UK, I'm into Jane Austen. I visited some of the manor houses where the movies of her books were filmed. And, I found out that the author, William Golding, of Lord of the Flies, another one of my favorites, was a professor in Salisbury, England. And I saw the house where he grew up in Marlborough, England. The movie of Lord of the Flies, made several years ago, was awful by the way.

I have so many favorites. Although, I'm not the Stephen King type, I read the Stand twice. It's a fun book to read during the cold/flu season. People in the novel are catching Captain Tripp's disease. So when someone at work coughs, you think, oh my gosh, they have it!

I saw a play entitled "Kess" in Salisbury. It was based on a coming-of-age book by a British author I can't remember. Those of you in the UK who are familiar with this book, what happens to the boy at the end? Does he die, or is it, what doesn't kill him, makes him stronger? I found the ending very confusing. It ends so sad and hopeless, I wasn't sure if he committed suicide. I haven't read the book yet, so maybe the book makes it clearer.