Separating words from thought??? How?

sooo, whats the latest in my exciting woirld...lets see....anthony'll be going to public school again thias year-his mother has her sights set on a school across the river, since the one in our district failed the 'no child' rule 2 years running, and thus is required to let any kid who wants to go to another school that passed. not a bad school but i just dont trust any public school-and I really dont trust her ability to get him up on time to catch the bus. last year they lived 4 blocks from the school, and he missed about a day a week due to mama oversleeping or being'sick'...sh;'e also arranged tutors for him outside of school hours, and i'll almost guarantee this will conflict with his time with me, and our akarte. well, we're not changing our schedule-they can come to the dojo and teach the times tables between kicks...
I really wnated to home school him...but she was worried it'd cut into her judge judy tv and nap time-grrrr....
they went begging to the church friday for school clothes and supplies-her favorite thing, free stuff-and then went to lucnh, leaving it all in the car...unlocked...and of course it got stolen...so as my original plan anyway was to go out like i do every year and buy him decent stuff for school, so that plan still is a go...
he has his science day camps next week-($$ for camping supplies etc, not to mention gas...it never ends) -but its worth it-i'll be stayng the days in the big city of portland, probably at powells books-worlds largest-then pick him up each night...i'm off a week, thats a bright spot, as work is getting more and more sublimely ridiculous...
-the ignorant workers just passed the new contract-93 % yes (I was part of the 7% who get to say 'i told you so' in the next 2 years when the rest figure out what a crap deal this was)-we get a hefty 2% raise, which translates to about 12 cents an hour...but since they're changing my shift to hours where i'll never see, talk to, or have any contact with the youth (against my strenous objections) i wont be working very hard for that extra 12 cents...

lots of grumbling i know-complicated times...hope it didnt bore you...soemtimes it bores me, other times it make smy blood boil

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Hi guys....I'm trying very hard to understand this here. Please, please be patient with me . :? I am reading the first chapter....(trying), I can read what is written and then go down to the commentary in hopes of understanding. I do understand but it's hard to let go of the words and what we were taught for them to mean. Do I make ANY sense what so ever? I also am doing this without guidance and so I am looking to you all for that. Thank you for helping me. I've been absolutely drawn to this ????....(no words come to mind when trying to express what I am actually being drawn to) but, I am drawn to continue to read and read and read some more.

I am ordering the book that Leslie recommended too....I hope it helps, but I still may need some external assistance as well....Thanks again!

Odd, maybe my name has something to do with it???? I've spent most of my 34 years on this earth wondering why I was given such a name and always have to explain what my folks were thinking when they named me, which I still don't know. Here it is, and it's SO appropriate here. Honest to goodness, my name is Theory. Theoryanne....to be exact. I use Teri so I don't have to elaborate any. But feel free to call me Theory, that's what I like and am used to, using any other name feels like calling someone other than your Mama, Mama!!
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Tanne71:[/cite]
    (1)...Please, please be patient with me...
    (2)...I also am doing this without guidance and so I am looking to you all for that.
    (3)...I've been absolutely drawn to this ????....

Hi Theory,

1) Patience is crucial. Maybe it is everything, so drawn on it deeply. Fortunately, [chref=4]use will not drain it[/chref]! and may in fact, [chref=5]the more it works, the more comes out[/chref].

2) Ask questions! And remember, a Taoist view is simpler than [chref=23]words[/chref] can draw. :?

3) Are you trying to calm turbulent emotions with words and thinking? Sometime that works, sometimes that makes it worse. Sit quietly and do nothing but watch your breath going in... and then out...., in.... and then out.... Feel the rhythm of the breath and listen to the 'silence'. :|