The Tao Speaks

hi Allandnone,
we can actually experience truth but only that we never realise it.let say
whatever you do right now is actually towards the true path but you didnt seem to notice it but only you feel its the right thing for you to do it.so the
self realisation is important as many of us are not realise what we are doing
but when other comment then only we know.in order to see the truth we need the third eye to see things more clearly and realise more better.this third eye have different meaning and its not that you have another
eye but its something like you can see more things clearer compare to others.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Hello,
    I was curious if anyone has read The Tao Speaks : Lao-Tzu's Whispers of Wisdom?

It is by famed cartoonist Chih-Chung Tsai (Illustrator) and translated by Brian Bruya.

It is a fascinating Book, and can be easily understood for those of us who are just starting to study Taoism.

Also, In my study of Taoism I am under the impression that it is a philosophy, but I have heard others call it a religious path with a system of deities.

What is everyone's take on this.
    Thanks,
    Bob
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] MultiFaith:[/cite]... I am under the impression that it is a philosophy, but I have heard others call it a religious path with a system of deities...

I find this dual aspect very wide spread. In the case of religion, we have a profoundly subtle mysterious universal world-view which all religions pretty much share in common, though articulate and express differently. Then we have instinctive human nature (tribal politics and other emotions) with all its nitpicking and squabbling.

For example, Christianity certainly doesn't reflect the teaching of Jesus to any great extent. Same is true for Taoism and all the rest. We have the ideal, the vision, on one hand and then we have our selves - needs and fears, and all that entails.

My motto is, don't judge a religion by what its followers do or say (or don't do or say). Each of us must separate the wheat from the chaff for ourselves :)
  • edited December 1969
    That is so true. Being a christian, I get so mad when people speak against Christianity, when if anything they should be speaking against peoples mistakes. The biggest argument that I hear towards Christians is that we are hypocrites. Well the fact is that christians mess up just like Taoist or Bhuddist. (No offence to Bhuddist Air :wink: ) Christians can be judgmental but who isn't from time to time even if it is internal. Granted it is against Christ teachings to be judgmental, but I will admit to having done alot of things against Christ's teachings. The key to Christian faith is not condemnation as some would think, its forgivness. Choosing the forgivness that Christ gives us so that though we fail to do the one thing God has created us to do which is love him, we are still allowed that relationship. Think on this: The best and worst thing that can happen to any religon is its followers.