So, I heard this rumor about Luke...

edited January 2005 in The CenterTao Lounge
Still listening to all the bluegrass I can find-Dolly Parton 's two recent albums-she has such a nice voice. sincere.
Also looking for the two Iron Horse albums with bluegrass versions of Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne tunes. Both got good reviews.
Also heard Jimmie Rodgers for the first time. Excellent, much of what i've given credit to Hank Sr for actually belongs to Rodgers.
And I just read where Allison Krauss has won 17 Grammies! Guess I should give her a listen...

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I can't say who told me, but I heard a rumor that Luke has a girlfriend...!

~Trinity
  • edited December 1969
    Nonsense! How could he? I heard a rumor that he spends his days cooked up in the Lair with eating toast and watching Looney Toons! At least that's what they say at the FOX forums
  • edited December 1969
    I heard that Luke brainwashed his girlfriend into throwing away all of her Steve Madden's and Manolo Blahnik's and walking around barefoot in subzero blizzards...under Papa's orders. He also brainwashed her into a pawn that repeats his every thought, with the only exception of starting rumors about him on message boards.

I also heard that he and Papa use the lair to conduct underground research on Industrial Melanism; with the exception of all the wild parties they have to celebrate when Kyle's not around. They eat kumquats and rock hard waffles drenched in fake Canadian maple syrup (but not toast, you heard wrong). They also use the lair to work on their private F22, christened "Becky", in which Luke plans to take his brainwashed girlfriend to Iqaluit, Nunavut so that she can be the first test subject for their personally engineered neoteric strain of the Ebola virus which will liquefy her inner organs at an alarming rate to produce an organic ingredient vital to their new line of enhanced wheatgrass beverages. Luke mistakenly brainwashed his girlfriend into Zoroastrianism instead of Taoism so now she worships Ahura Mazda. Only a minor setback.

But that's just what I heard. You'd have to ask someone from FOX to know for sure.

P.S. I also heard Kyle sleeps in Bugs Bunny jammies. :twisted:

~Trinity
  • edited December 1969
    I heard that Luke brainwashed his girlfriend into throwing away all of her Steve Madden's and Manolo Blahnik's and walking around barefoot in subzero blizzards...under Papa's orders. He also brainwashed her into a pawn that repeats his every thought, with the only exception of starting rumors about him on message boards.

I also heard that he and Papa use the lair to conduct underground research on Industrial Melanism; with the exception of all the wild parties they have to celebrate when Kyle's not around. They eat kumquats and rock hard waffles drenched in fake Canadian maple syrup (but not toast, you heard wrong). They also use the lair to work on their private F22, christened "Becky", in which Luke plans to take his brainwashed girlfriend to Iqaluit, Nunavut so that she can be the first test subject for their personally engineered neoteric strain of the Ebola virus which will liquefy her inner organs at an alarming rate to produce an organic ingredient vital to their new line of enhanced wheatgrass beverages. Luke mistakenly brainwashed his girlfriend into Zoroastrianism instead of Taoism so now she worships Ahura Mazda. Only a minor setback.

:shock: . . . Well, something like that,

I also heard Kyle sleeps in Bugs Bunny jammies.

See, that's why people shouldn't believe anything they see on the boards (except the Centertao boards of course! :D ). Though I hear that he doesn't even sleep! Those energy bars can keep anybody up. It's that hint of nutmeg that makes people think "hmm, what's that?" and eat more to find out. (A bit of a quote from Rachel Ray) But it wouldn't be bugs bunny, probably a Shinobi throwing a shuriken at a Samurai weilding a No Dachi with a Katana and Wakizashi in the belt (or oba or something).
  • edited December 1969
    I heard the Abbotts were related to Oliver Cromwell, the protestant dictator who took over England in the 1600's, calling himself the "Lord Protector" of England. He was born into a family which was for a time one of the wealthiest and most influential in the area.

Elton John told me that.

~Trinity
  • edited June 2005
    Actually, I'm not so sure about the F22, and the waffles, and the Zoroastrianism, and the wheatgrass, and the Shinobi, and the protestant dictator, and the wild parties, and the kumquats, and the lair, and the Ebola virus, and the Bugs Bunny jammies, and the nutmeg, but I have heard that 'she' is into quantum mechanics. :wink: :shock:
  • edited December 1969
    Oh Luke... :oops:
  • edited December 1969
    Good for Luke. And if it's a long distance relationship, all the better. That way, she can't hang her stockings and other female accouterments all over the bathroom.
  • edited December 1969
    Female accoutrements? I don't wear stockings! :shock:

And if I did, I certainly wouldn't hang them all over Luke's bathroom! Wouldn't it be unladylike to scatter female accoutrements in foreign bathrooms? Luke might be quite distraught to find perfume, lip gloss and powder puffs amongst all of his... manly things (?). :D

Though the bathroom might smell nicer as a result, as it would be normally inhabited by typically aromatic males. (Mama being the obvious exception, but from what I've gathered, there are times when it sure would take alot to counteract Luke :wink:).

~Trinity
  • edited February 2005

• edited December 1969
    First of all- Sorry, Kyle, but my name isn't "woman". You can call me Trinity.

Secondly, I don't really know how to respond to your rather random, irrelevant and somehwhat incomprehensible question- I had a difficult time figuring out what exactly sparked your little retort. At this point I feel I should inform you that not -everyone- guzzles pickle juice, Kyle.

Now, don't think I'm taken aback at your opaque comment. I understand you're a little younger than Luke and think quite differently. No need for an apology. :wink:

~Trinity
  • edited February 2005

• edited December 1969
    First off, my comment regarding your age was not an attempt to pin you as less wise but simply to make an observation that you seem less mature. Obviously, the correlation between age and emotional/social maturity isn't r=1 and there are plenty of exceptions, but frankly, I'm not entirely convinced you fall into that category. Even so, that's new information. The only elaboration I offered was that as a result of your age difference (among other factors) you think quite differently than Luke does, which you've already conceded. But that's beside the point.

For future reference, regardless of whether you were saying it to achieve a certain "effect" or not, most females don't really take to being called "woman", and I'm no exception. Whatever your reason for having said it, I obviously found it reprehensible regardless. You're not exempt from general expectations of common courtesy because you're Kyle and you like to be funny. Hopefully, you'll take me seriously in the future. Despite my convition that it's a matter of common sense, you may not have known that I would find it offensive, so I couldn't legitimately hold you accountable for it. But now you know.

I do care for you, Kyle, and I'm amused enough most of the time. But I can't humor you on this one. It's obviously not that big of a deal, but I'd hate for you to get the impression that you can talk to me however you like.

I don't have to tell you that you don't have to agree with everything your brother does, says and thinks, you know that. But if you disapprove of his being "chained down with the shackles of romantic emotion" and its effect on his ability to reason as you seem to imply that you do, that's between the two of you. Don't let it influence how you treat me.

I don't want this to turn into a big conflict. I like you. If you're that extremely opposed to anything I've said beyond a reasonable defensive reaction; then boy, did I choose the right brother.

Kidding. Peace.

~Trinity
  • edited February 2005

• edited December 1969
    I'm not upset, Qing-shan. Take is as no more than a simple "watch yourself". :wink:

~Trin
  • edited December 1969
    Alright. I deleted my posts so nobody would make a hooplah about it.
  • edited December 1969
    geez, and people wonder why guys like Kyle & I are single...chicks are so cute when they get mad (heehee, just taking some heat off ya, bro)
  • edited December 1969
    Man oh man, what's with all the drama on CenterTao these days? Whatever happened to yaking about the family bedroom and whether I'd bought my car yet?

Boy, I wouldn't want to see a duel between Kyle and Trinity (we're taking sword classes these days). Seems neither 15-year-old is very quick to back down!

And finally, re: Buddy's comment on "why guys like Kyle & I are single", his next sentence in his post might explain it somewhat...but I digress... :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    it's a mystery to me why babes like trinity dont want to hook up with me...I treat women with respect, long as they're quick about getting me my beers and have dinner ready on time...
    Have I mentioned the ironic fact that the National Organization of Women (NOW) was founded on the day I was born? Talk about balance in the universe!

but seriously, have you got a car yet?