"...we do not hold her intolerance against her."

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
I've been 'pro bono' for years-and i was very glad that Cher finally admitted what an important influence he was on her career, when she spoke at his funeral.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    You are Taoist. How can you say such things. It is rude to say, we like someone and "do not hold their intolerance against them." Shouldn't one be open minded enough to acknowledge different views? We can learn from each and every one, by not judging them. By saying what you said, you are as guilty as judging as the one you point fingers at.

While the editing of your experience may have been of the "sensational" is it not possible that Vicki had something of value to say, something you could learn from, or was it truely, "lies". Obviously her life experience was quite different from yours, but different or traditional has never equalled "wrong or bad". We learn from each and every experience, that's why we have them.

Write about what you have learned from this woman, not your disappointment with the media- that's sorta expected!
  • edited December 1969
    First of all, let?s get this straight: our problem is with the way the editors manipulated our story. It has nothing to do with Vickie, her view point, her opinion . . . anything!

It seems that there may be some misunderstanding here regarding intolerance and judgement. Might I suggest that you read my dad?s latest ?Letter to Andy,? coincidentally entitled: ?Intolerance and Judgement.? You may find it thought-provoking; which is about the best thing a philosopher like my dad could hope for. :-)

Furthermore, I?ve also touched upon these subjects in the letter I wrote to the show before the show aired...