Dr. Livingstone

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
Get to work on your blog! Dont you know that you famous people have a duty to your public to keep us informed on every moment, every aspect, of your fascinating life-it's what gets us common folks thru our humdrum days...!
and why am I singled out from the other 120 users...LOL...(Whistling, looking innocent, shuffling feet) :roll:

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I just thought I'd mention something.

Has anybody tried out Dr. Livingstone: The Game on Kyle Abbott's Web Pit-Stop?
  • edited December 1969
    I'll have to do that tonight. I left some feedback on your site the other day, by the way. You probably have tons to wade through right now. My husband Greg wants you to tell Luke to get to work on that tank game! He really wants to play it! He always wanted to make a tank game - said that the screenshots on Luke's page look just like what he had in mind. He never did have the time to make ANY game - graduated college and started working about a week later. Of course, lately he spends HOURS each night playing Battlefield and Desert Combat, so that whole "working too much" thing is a big copout, now that I think about it! :roll:
  • edited December 1969
    Come on, Kyle!

There's too many threads on this board already, without having you making new ones! Between Buddy1 and the other 120 registered users, there are enough new topics cropping up already . . . :wink:

Oh, and I've finished all three . . . :mrgreen:
  • edited December 1969
    Well, I thought since all the threads were pretty much about the same thing, there should be a little zest on the board.

I actually don't have that much to wade through 'cause I got tired with recieving so many comments and responding to everything, I just took off the comments page.
  • edited December 1969
    Aw, man. And my comments were really nice. Darn. :cry:

Susan
  • edited December 1969
    I should check the mail 'cause some did leak through.
  • edited December 1969
    If we ever meet in person, I hope i'm wearing shoes, so I can kick you harder...
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Buddy1:[/cite]and why am I singled out from the other 120 users...LOL...(Whistling, looking innocent, shuffling feet) :roll:
    Because you've posted 281 times, 28.73% of the total posts, and 18 posts/day on average . . . you are your own quartile (is that the right term?)
  • edited December 1969
    There is so many threads on CenterTao that I have to keep up with, I don't have much time for blog. Plus, there ain't much to say in the blog. Recently, I've been just writing. Tomorrow, I'll have something to say 'cause we're gonna play at a Christmas gig (free food!). So I'll promise to write something on that and if I don't, my christmas present to you is a lesson about dissapointment. :wink: (A partial quote from TV Guide's Simpson christmas card article) Seriously though, you might have to remind me if I forget.
  • edited December 1969
    Hey Kyle, update your blog hey Kyle update your blog hey Kyle update your blog-there, in case I forget to remind you over the weekend...

and on the last forums I was on I averaged 50 posts a day...I'm more relaxed now...

and I dont know what a quartile is, but it sounds good to me, long as it's all mine.
  • edited December 1969
    Alright! I remember. Now all I have to do is remember to remember to write it tomorrow to remember to write it tomorrow night.

I don't know what a quartile is either so that makes two of us.
  • edited December 1969
    [cite] Buddy1:[/cite]and I dont know what a quartile is, but it sounds good to me, long as it's all mine.
    Quartile: A statistical term describing a division of observations into four defined intervals based upon the values of the data and how they compare to the entire set of observations. Each quartile contains 25% of the total observations. Generally, the data is ordered from smallest to largest with those observations falling below 25% of all the data analyzed allocated within the 1st quartile, observations falling between 25.1% and 50% and allocated in the 2nd quartile, then the observations falling between 51% and 75% allocated in the 3rd quartile, and finally the remaining observations allocated in the 4th quartile. Try not to confuse a quarter with a quartile. (From http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quartile.asp)

Word.
  • edited December 1969
    I need some quartiles for laundry.
  • edited December 1969
    Quartile: A statistical term describing a division of observations into four defined intervals based upon the values of the data and how they compare to the entire set of observations. Each quartile contains 25% of the total observations. Generally, the data is ordered from smallest to largest with those observations falling below 25% of all the data analyzed allocated within the 1st quartile, observations falling between 25.1% and 50% and allocated in the 2nd quartile, then the observations falling between 51% and 75% allocated in the 3rd quartile, and finally the remaining observations allocated in the 4th quartile. Try not to confuse a quarter with a quartile. (From http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quartile.asp)

Uhh . . . Could you repeat that?
  • edited December 1969
    repeat it while standing on your head gargling marbles...
  • edited December 1969
    With a lung full of helium. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    The best thing about the Dr Livingstone game is it helps one forget how annoying the quiz is...I think he does that on purpose...
  • edited December 1969
    Actually, Dr. Livingstone was made way before the KAWPS Quiz. The quiz was my most recent game . . . just before the Simple Game.
  • edited December 1969
    either way, this site does have some exceedingly clever items on it...as a rank amateur in the computer world, much of it both amuses and amazes me...