Zen Moments

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
Thank you. :wink:

Comments

• edited December 1969
    1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead.
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow.
    Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me the hell alone.

2. It's always darkest before the dawn. So, if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, thats the time to do it.

3. No one is listening until you make a mistake.

4. It may be that the sole purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

5. It is far more impressive when others discover your good qualities without your help.

6. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

7. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

8. Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.

9. Generally speaking, you arent learning much when your mouth is moving.

10. When life hands you lemons, throw them at people.

11. To me, the glass is always half empty, but what's there is always really, really good, in a sarcastic kind of way.
  • edited December 1969
    Man, I agree fully with some of those. $20 dollars to never see somebody again? Where's my checkbook? :wink:
    No one is listening until you make a mistake
    That's how I feel when playing on stage.
  • edited December 1969
    and I never mess up at work until my boss walks in the room...
  • edited December 1969
    Man, it's like learning how to juggle good and when somebody enters the room, it's "whoops!" *slip* *crash!*

Presence can be some of the best sabotage (or something like that). Like at a play. You work up your lines and when you get on with everybody watching, it's "hmmm . . . uh?"
  • edited December 1969
    Zen moments:

My last birthday, suddenly causing me to realize: gee, idealism WONT pay the rent .... but it keeps me from crying myself to sleep.

Finally getting: Patience IS a virtue and the key to life.

Finally admitting: My mother IS right. I should have taken my umbrella.

Finally seeing: Hey, I AM a pretty cool chick.

Finally falling in love: My nephew being born, and watching him grow up.

Finally accepting: Not everything has to be perfect. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Just go for good.
  • edited December 1969
    Oh yeah .... Also admitting I might have missed my opportunity to save the world with my *unique, never before heard* ideas that I know if I could only get the word out, would revolutionize the way everyone does everything. LOL.

Ah, youth. Who needs meditation to get rid of ego when birthdays will do it naturally?

:)
  • edited December 1969
    Ah, 'going up' during a play. I spent 5 years 'trodding the boards'-had lead roles in many a play-but the only time I ever completely forgot my lines, well, 'line', was when i filled in as a favor in a crowd scene-one friggin' line, and I forgot it! and not only did I forget it, but i completely forgot how to speak the English language, so i just stood there with my mouth open...last time I ever acted-an inauspicious end to an otherwise glorious career...
  • edited December 1969
    Those moments are what seperate 'plays' from movies.
  • edited December 1969
    Whoops! That was me. I forgot to log in
  • edited December 1969
    I miss the theatre-the roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd...
    My best role was the lead in 'The Nerd'...'nuff said...
  • edited December 1969
    Buddy: S'true ..... the smell of sweat is what kept me going back to the theatre over and over. ahhhhhhhhhh ..... dust, sweat, old wooden floors ... love that smell.

Your story is too too funny lol.

Kyle: Yes, plays are WAY better. :)
  • edited December 1969
    I have been to some AFE plays but I don't think I've witnessed a line-forgetting scene.

I've been to one play recently and it was so dull and boring! The actors were mediocre (I couldn't have done better though 'cause I would either make up something or yell, "line!"). Ma left but I stayed 'cause I payed good money and besides, when you see part of it, you gotta find out how it ends (same with movies too).
  • edited December 1969
    Kyle, yeah some plays can be very boring. Movies are just as good, I am just obsessed with theatre because I hated doing tv stuff. But, I am looking at it from an acting point of view. Once, during a play, I had to run out onto stage. Well, the second night, someone moved this big "rock" to the wrong side of the stage and here I come running out and run right into it and go FLYING across the stage. I was so shocked, I layed there on the stage trying to get up and just hysterical with laughter. The scene was about the Irish potato famine, so very sad, too.

Once, in another play, a little girl peed right on stage and the actors did their best to play through it and even walked right through it ...

Once, as an audience members, my friend and I were watching a Tale of Two Cities. Beforehand, we had gone for lunch and were stuffed, so my friend fell asleep during the play and started snoring so loud. Then, part of the set came crashing down and it woke her up and she screamed .... lol

I have seen many actors stop a play because of someones cell phone ringing and just glare in the direction of it.
  • edited December 1969
    I agree with nut: If I pay to see a play, movie, or even when I buy a book, I suffer thru the whole thing-if it's bad, it's my fault for making a poor choice. Have never walked out on anything bad, except a few relationships...

Ah Osheen, theatre stories-so funny & familiar:
    Once I had a final scene with a guy playing my son-I walk out on stage, and... no son...I wait, I do some stage business, another actress playing the maid comes on & we make up some dialogue as everyone's frantically searching for the other actor-finally somebody finds him-in a back dressing room, drinking wine, and you hear a very loud "Oh S***!' and 'bang bang bang' running up to the stage. then out he comes, flushed & breathing hard: "Hi, Dad, sorry, I heard you wanted to see me?"...