computers

Bill Cosby is the greatest 'clean' comedian of all time-all his '60's albums are classics-his riffs on family life, growing up-just great-
I also like his current comments on families taking responsibilty for themselves and their kids-not a popular view in this 'victim playing, blame someone else' society...

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Do you guys have two computers since I see you guys post different messages within minutes of yourselves?
  • edited December 1969
    We actually have over five computers. We each have our own PC (ma's getting hers pretty soon), a few 486's upstairs in "the lair", a laptop, and a few more computers. I recently upgraded mine (Athlon XP 2200+, Geforce 5900 XL, not a screamin' PC but a mid range system) and got a LCD monitor on the cheap (not in quality but price) at Circuit City. We also got High-Speed DSL (so much for "no computers") and a percolator for coffee! (*ahem,* well we have something like it) :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Time to upgrade that coffee system...
  • edited December 1969
    What are the latest advances in coffee technology :?:
  • edited December 1969
    Well, what you need is at least a 800 MHz CPU (Coffee Producing Unit) and 1 GB of DRAM (Drip Restrictor Access Mechanism). For I/O, I recommend an LCD (Lid Closes Down) device.
  • edited December 1969
    Wow! Talk about a top of the line coffee dream machine!

If that's what coffee machines are like, I wonder what tea bags can do?
  • edited December 1969
    I could make a dirty joke about that, but it has no place on a taoist board...
  • edited December 1969
    Good idea. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    everytime they upgrade the computer system at work (7 times in 10 years), it gets worse...more useless and confusing

I touched a computer for the first time in 1984-HS computer class, think I used it twice the whole year, then not again until 1994 when we got computers here at work...and only just got on the internet this year...

imagine I'll break down and get one at home this next year (mainly for the kid-he has one at his other house but his folks are always playing solataire on it, and no internet hookup)...

heard i can get top of the line with all the bells and whistles for around a thou $...

you guys that grew up with computers and video games dont realize how diiferent that world is to those of us who didn't...
  • edited December 1969
    Actually, these new computers are are much easier to use and build now I think than 486's or those old computers. I read a book on it and built a screaming 2.2G, Geforce 5900 XT monster machine . . . well, it was screaming at the time.
  • edited December 1969
    I scream alot when i'm using a computer, is that similar?
  • edited December 1969
    A computer works perfectly fine until I turn it on. :wink: