Enough Blame On Editing!

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
Actually, I hate to burst another bubble but I believe (in Japan at least) it's called Seppuku rather than Kee-yi!

It's good that you missed, I need somebody to back me up on my rebuttles! :wink:

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Now, was there anything that was true on that show? I mean Luke in the end made commentaries that agreed with Vickie etc....There must have been some parts that really took place. Im sure not the WHOLE SHOW was made up. Also what did you guys think about the birthday party?
  • edited December 1969
    We actually had a a two cakes at the party with the words "Happy Birthday Leslie" (or something like that) which we all enjoyed.

Last year, a good friend of ours put on a 50th birthday party (a jam party of course) for ma with the hydrogen filled balloons 'n the works.
  • edited December 1969
    Kyle, those were helium balloons. Come to think of it, hydrogen balloons would work too . . . just don't light any matches! :!:

Regarding the show being made up, no, OF COURSE the whole show wasn't fabricated. In fact, some acts (sections between commercial breaks) were totally devoid of lies. Some of these segments include the shoe store, the party in Tennessee, and the walk in the redwoods. Yes, there were some great moments in both episodes that were shown just as they happened.

But, frankly, it's hard to appreciate these moments when you've got all this B.S. floating around!
  • edited December 1969
    Hey! They were Hydrogen, remember? We didn't put any candles on the cake and there was a big NO SMOKING sign. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    The Hindenburg was hydrogen, the stuff that makes you talk funny is helium...

and you never tell a woman's age! or weight. You learn this as you get older...so, what do you think Vicki goes, 210, 220?
  • edited December 1969
    Well, they both begin with an 'H' so sue me.

I think It's better to tell somebody your ('your' meaning anybody) age than for the person to guess your age. That can be just as insulting. Same way with weight. Women may not want to hear how much they weigh but sometimes it's good to know. Especially these days.

I'll leave Vicki's buisness to herself. . . 215. :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Actually, hydrogen will make you talk funny too, but it's not such a good idea to keep it around the house. The high pitched voice is caused by the lightness of the gas and hydrogen is even lighter than helium.

On the other hand, if you inhale a heavier-than-air gas, it makes your voice lower. A friend told me about his chemistry professor, who demonstrated this with xenon hexaflouride. Unfortunately he then began to suffocate because he couldn't get the heavy gas up out of his lungs! He ended up lying down on a desk and dangling his head over the edge to let the gas out.

Presumably you could run into similar trouble if you inhaled helium while standing on your head. A word to the wise...
  • edited December 1969
    Oops, forgot to log in before posting that last message, but it was me.
  • edited December 1969
    Years ago, we got a tank of helium at Costco (yes, we are big Costco shoppers) and it was fun to use for a while. We tried to conserve it but it kept leaking out of the can (I call it a can but it's not like a paint can, more like a rounded propane tank)
  • edited December 1969
    I refuse to join any membership store-like Groucho's line, 'I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member'...but i may get a Safeway club card since the manager was so nice about making it clear I could shop there in bare feet...every other store in town is aghast at the very idea...
  • edited December 1969
    heres another note on editing nobody's mentioned-y'all must've known the other mother would determine how the money was to be spent-didnt you say you'd watched a few episodes afrter the casting guy called? surely the 'i wasnt expecting that' and such lines were edited in...