Trading Spices

edited December 2004 in The CenterTao Lounge
Ask and ye shall receive.

Comments

• edited December 1969
    Alright. Seeing that the Trading Spouses name was a takeoff on Trading Spaces, I'm sure that Food Network is gonna have a show called "Trading Spices!" Two familes trade a parent to cook for the other family. Am I right, people? :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Very Funny Kyle!
  • edited December 1969
    But it may be true. I think it might actually happen. . . more or less.
  • edited December 1969
    Well, if they're going to cook a parent, I pick Vicki-she looks meaty-Carl, i'm afraid, would be too stringy...
  • edited December 1969
    Oh, that's rich! Very droll (funny) as they say.

I may not be vegitarian but I'm not that much of a carnivore (or meatitarian as I like to say). And Vicki isn't meaty, she's big boned. There's a difference there :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    Why not Barbara? SHE may be meat, but she is full of veggies, and just a little alligator, lol :lol:
  • edited December 1969
    I said that I'm not a vegitarian (though I do eat lots o' veggies), just not a cannibal. Since the show's been months since it's been originally shot, I think the alligator is out of her system (but not her memory) :wink: . I do wonder if her if her vegan enthusiasts and vegetable garden has ostrisized her.
  • edited December 1969
    I've actually read about 'meatatarians'-when the Grateful Dead were starting out as a poor young band, their benefactor, Owsley Stanley was such-he'd buy a huge piece of beef, hang it in the fridge, and people would just slice off hunks as needed-all he ate...myself, i need a little green now and then, to keep the plumbing working right...
    dont eat much beef anymore-too expensive, plus I read 'Fast Food Nation'-yikes!
  • edited December 1969
    We have beef on secial occasions. We have chicken a bit more often though. I do like a nice salad along with the meat to keep the balance
    i need a little green now and then, to keep the plumbing working right
    That's just what I needed to hear. Thanks. (sarcastic) :wink:

Sometimes I watch the Eating Channel.
  • edited December 1969
    The eating channel?
  • edited December 1969
    Oh yes. The Eating Channel. Watching people eat for a half hour can make anybody stuffed.
  • edited December 1969
    :D lol :D
  • edited December 1969
    :wink:
  • edited December 1969
    :shock: :D
  • edited December 1969
    Dont let all those smiley faces go to your head, nut.
    I eat so much chicken, I don't poop, I lay eggs...
  • edited December 1969
    That's great buddy1! Look at the bright side. You'll never go hungry! You could even open a omlet resturaunt chain!

homer.jpg
  • edited December 1969
    man, theres a Simpsons cartoon for every occasion!

I like eggs-lots of protein-gives energy for working out and clears up acne...
  • edited December 1969
    When we had a goose for a while, she would lay these giant eggs. Not as big as an emu egg but pretty big.

Just our of curiosity, Has anybody ever tried a Duck-Billed Platupus egg? Scrambled, omlet, or sunny-side up, it doesn't matter which.
  • edited December 1969
    can you eat goose eggs? Just now saw a picture of a kid here at work that just got beat up tonight, and he has a huge 'goose egg' by his eye..

Asked my kid the other morning what he wants for breakfast and he says 'oh, maybe just an omelet-' oh, is that all, I was thinking cereal in abowl and be done with it--LOL-tell he doesnt cook much...
  • edited December 1969
    I believe the goose eggs you are referring to are edible . . . you just have to be pretty hungry to eat one. :wink:

I'm not much of an omlet fan. I like my eggs scrambled. I think omlets are better when they are stuffed with beans, peppers, cheese and such rather than just a layer of egg.
  • edited December 1969
    I go thru periods where all i want to eat is eggs-happens with other foods too-then I wont touch them again for years-I'm somewhat obssesive complulsive, in case nobody figured that out from my many postings on here...which i'm working on cutting back on, really I am...
  • edited December 1969
    I never really liked plums a while ago but now I like them. The reason why I didn't like them before is because I just had the ripe ones. I ate an under-ripe plum and it was delicious. Nice and apple-like.

I took a bite of one of my homemade pickles on an empty stomach a few months ago at a party and boy! It gave me rumblings in the interior.
  • edited December 1969
    We're having alot of discussion in my martrial arts class about how to prepare for the black belt test-a major 8 hour workout-my teacher eats a big bowl of pasta the night before, very little sauce, and nothing the morning of. But another instructor eats double steak and eggs right before-so to each his own.
    I generally dont eat before working out-I have a weak stomach. But I do need to change my diet-right now I eat anything I fel like, but thats from being able to without gaining weight-need to eat the right things to get more stamina and strength-luckily I have quite a ways to go before my next test...at the last test, for the level just above mine, one guy passed out, another puked, and another one started crying...
  • edited December 1969
    We don't eat before we do our Yoga, Shakuhachi and Tai Qi. We just get up and just go on to the exersize and after that, we have breakfast.

Of course for an 8 hour workout, you would want to stuff yourself before.
  • edited December 1969
    I generally eat once a day, around early afternoon, just before bath and bed...but on my days off, or like yesterday when I worked the odd day shift, need to make myself eat more-I get crabby otherwise
    (of course, then I ate lunch here and got tired and useless for the rest of the shift)

think i'm hypoglycemic...or hypocondriac, one of the two...