THE MONEY

Unfortunately, too many are too attached.

no matter how deviously edited something is, if we have attachments, they are going to come through.

Likewise, those watching are very attached in various ways, and therefore spew ignorance and meanness with ease and little thought.

I personally enjoy all kinds of media...but I know better than to believe that what I see on tv is the be-all-end-all of a situation, or the people involved.

Now, if you want some messed up tv, try "Cheaters"
I am surprised no one has sought vengence after seeing an episode or two of that gem.

Just as an aside, I used to work with the son-in-law of Bruce Nash, reality tv mogul, and show ideas were just so amazingly stupid...I don't know why they are successful (he did the "who wants to marry my mom" etc.)

namaste
norbu

Comments

• edited December 1969
    I thought the way Leslie divided the money evenly among the Lowe family showed alot about her (and by extention her family's) character. She did not impose her values or judgments on this family except for the importance of pursuing higher education. This was contrary to the paradigm that the producers wanted to project on the Abbott family.
  • edited December 1969
    About the $50 000, do the show producers enforce how the money is spent? Or do the families receive the check and they can spend the money on whatever they want. I assume that the producers just send the money and don't care how the families spend it.
  • edited December 1969
    If Vicki thinks 2 bedrooms can be built with just part of $20,000, I'd like to meet her contractor...unless y'all have the Trading Spaces folks do it-that show where you get $1000 & 2 days to remodel-have you & the Lowes do a room in each other's house-man, i'm just full of ideas today-y'know, they actually PAY people to be idea men like this...my talents are going to waste...
  • edited December 1969
    They're still trying to fool the viewers into thinking the families don't know about the money 'twist' before the show...how long will this go on...and did y'all ever get the moola yet? Any new furniture? Bet Carl would love a recliner...